• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    She committed an offence. If she has a different opinion on that she can take them to court, or do you think calling someone a baboon is acceptable, given who they are?
    I'm not fully aware of the particulars regarding Katie Hopkins and my position is not of her defence, I was responding to something specific someone had said in this thread, I've read back and it's actually quite explicit what I'm debating.

That's interesting though, what was the criminal offence?

As a POC, I'm not sure if someone calling me a baboon should be outlawed actually - you can't legislate love.

Comment

She committed an offence. If she has a different opinion on that she can take them to court, or do you think calling someone a baboon is acceptable, given who they are?
      According to someone on the radio*, she did not "call someone a baboon", it is claimed she asked someone who had threatened her with sexual violence whether he was "hung like a baboon" (which is a Blackadder quote).
      I find KH offensive on every level, and wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire, for the avoidance of doubt.

*Can't even remember what station it was on, or who said it, but Google returns the following:
      '''Embarrassing''' for Twitter banning '''someone like myself''': Hopkins | Sky News Australia
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        According to someone on the radio*, she did not "call someone a baboon", it is claimed she asked someone who had threatened her with sexual violence whether he was "hung like a baboon" (which is a Blackadder quote).
        I find KH offensive on every level, and wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire, for the avoidance of doubt.

*Can't even remember what station it was on, or who said it, but Google returns the following:
        '''Embarrassing''' for Twitter banning '''someone like myself''': Hopkins | Sky News Australia
        I see so an unfortunate co-incidence that she happened to use a phrase with a racial slur in it, she could have said ox, but there you go, sh*t happens.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

She's definitely my least favourite racist.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            She's definitely my least favourite racist.

Please! She self-identifies as a race realist.

Comment

What's really odd is that Katie's creditors did not sell her debt on public auction - I reckon they'd get more than £1 for £1 of debt with plenty of willing people buying debt that they could enforce against her.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                What's really odd is that Katie's creditors did not sell her debt on public auction - I reckon they'd get more than £1 for £1 of debt with plenty of willing people buying debt that they could enforce against her.
                You could definitely crowdfund that.

Comment

I see so an unfortunate co-incidence that she happened to use a phrase with a racial slur in it, she could have said ox, but there you go, sh*t happens.
                  She could have said he had the balls the size of a rapist rat that would at least have been the truth. The joke is that Baboons are small and the man who threatened her with sexual violence needed a put down.

The phrase she used was from Blackadder - Goes forth. - Hardly a racist treasure trove though I suspect Ludvig will be attacked in future.

What about you? Have you got a man? Some fine fellow in an English country village? A vicar maybe? Quiet, gentle, hung like a baboon?
                  I very much doubt in 1917 the village vicar was black or a baboon.

You know we are all descended from Apes?

Now your assumption that mentioning anything ape like or even baboon like is racist must be regarded as pathetic.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    She could have said he had the balls the size of a rapist rat that would at least have been the truth. The joke is that Baboons are small and the man who threatened her with sexual violence needed a put down.

The phrase she used was from Blackadder - Goes forth. - Hardly a racist treasure trove though I suspect Ludvig will be attacked in future.

I very much doubt in 1917 the village vicar was black or a baboon.

You know we are all descended from Apes?

Now your assumption that mentioning anything ape like or even baboon like is racist must be regarded as pathetic.
                    You need to discuss this with the managers at twitter.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

You need to discuss this with the managers at twitter.
                      No she does. But she has used this to move to Parler.

I'm just pointing out that YOU are wrong.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X