• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two million homeowners still unable to pay off their mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“ Figures published by UK Finance, the banking lobby group, showed that 1.9 million mortgage payment holidays have been taken by borrowers in the last three months.

This is equivalent to one in every six mortgages in Britain, with an average of £755 being deferred each month. This is up from 1.8 million last month.

Since March, banks have been required to offer payment breaks to customers who are struggling financially because of coronavirus. This includes borrowers who have contracted the virus and those who have seen their income fall because of its economic impact.

The Government programme has since been extended, meaning customers can request payment holidays until October 31. However, there have been warnings that consumers have not understood the repercussions of payments breaks. ”

have you ever actually, had any fun? or laughed?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Only once, one carefree summer, with a squirrel named Sandy.

Comment

Probably two million don't know that they still have to pay interest...

Comment

and another poor miserable sod.
          how sad

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            He's laughed at you, if that counts.

Comment

I wonder how much fraud is going on with this one. Always some *** who take advantage at every opportunity.

https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/n...lowing-charity

Wonder if there are any online tutorials in how to make fraudulent claims. Paid off my mortgage decades ago but maybe...
              Last edited by xoggoth; 19 June 2020, 20:20.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I wonder how much fraud is going on with this one
                What fraud if you still owe the money (with interest)? Plus credit rating most likely going to be fecked, so no cheap re-mortaging - now that's fraud. only legalised.

Comment

How many are unable to pay vs how many actually choose not to pay.

I guess we'll find out later this year.

It would be interesting to see how many of these 2 million have Audi/BMW/Mercedes car leases.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                    It would be interesting to see how many of these 2 million have Audi/BMW/Mercedes car leases.
                    How would that work with their credit rating being affected?

Comment

Working...
                    X