• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

little guy in hospital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor kid, I had an abcess/cyst in exactly in the same spot about 10 years ago - very painful and I wasn't a kid. Best wishes for a swift recovery.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ouch

Tooth abscess was bad enough in my thirties, hope he gets well soon.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thanks all,
        He is feeling better but his canalyn(?) came out of his hand this morning at 6am and it is now 1pm and they haven't given him a bit of antibiotics since. At least they could give him some orally you'd think...

They tried putting the thing back by trying it in his feet three times! I was completely fedup!!! And so was he - he literally poo'd his pants. I've told them no more needles and to do it orally from now on. I tell ya seven hours without a dose is seriously impeding his recovery.

They can't put the thing in his other hand as he is a thumb sucker. So whilst they are putting the antibiotics in (quite painful) he could not suck on his thumb and probably would pull the whole thing apart in the tirade.

If I could afford private I would as - quite simply - the NHS sucks. I'm going to write a serious letter to the admin of our trust about this whole affair and the poor service.

What ever you do..don't get sick and end up in a NHS hospital.

Otherwise he was his usual happy self pushing his walker up and down the ward. playing peek-a-boo. blowing kisses, speaking, counting and throwing toys.

Anyone else notice the sheer number of foreign doctors in the hospitals? Not to be racist but the ones from India are umm....well...not competent (in my opinion).
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          Anyone else notice the sheer number of foreign doctors in the hospitals? Not to be racist but the ones from India are umm....well...not competent (in my opinion).
          About 1/3 of NHS staff are sourced abroad. The reason is that the natives of these islands cannot be bothered to do any degree that is "hard" any more, when bulltulip, instant celebrity and meejah studies will get you far.
          A society's values will dictate what it ends up as.

HTH.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

They put him through surgery today. removed the abcess and he's got a tube in his chin to drain any leftover liquid. Its been a tough day as you never get told exactly what's going on until after the surgery. So you sit and pace and hope he's okay.

I tell ya these foreign doctors coming from lands where they are gods really can't handle being questioned. They become all defensive...The twit trainee doctor - from Pakistan - really snapped at me when I asked a basic question during the consent process.

Anyway good news is my son is back to his usual self..but he's still on antibiotics and probably won't get out of hospital until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Apparently he'll need to go back to surgery to remove the drain as he'll hardly let them do it whilst he's awake (not without a fight anyway)

As for me..I haven't been at work for three days and wonder how long my client will tolerate me not being around. Seeing as I'm in the middle of a migration process and I'm the one who has to do most of the work! And the deadline is the 31! Yikes!
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Wishing your nipper a speedy recovery and you and other family members some calm and much needed rest.

Comment

He's home!
                Just had a quicky procedure this morning in the ward to remove the packing and he's home! He'll be on Anti-bios for a few more days, but it looks like the infection has been licked.

The younger less experienced doctors wanted to put him under anesthetic, but another consultant over-rode this and did this the procedure on the spot. Me thinks the younger guys haven't too much paedeatric experience.

Now just to wait for the microbiology report as to the cause and possible adjustment of the medication. But its all gone and he's home! yay!

Comment

That's great to hear.

That he's home, not that the NHS junior staff are inept.

Comment

He's home!
                    Nice one

Comment

Just had a quicky procedure this morning in the ward to remove the packing and he's home!
                      Remove the packing? Blimey - did they ship him home?

Excellent news...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X