• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this 2nd or 3rd line??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this 2nd or 3rd line??

To build and install desktop and server systems in accordance with agreed procedures

To attend service or management meetings, as required

To produce and maintain operational and design documentation in accordance with Company procedures

I'd say monkey line! Do they mean just put components together, which is what it looks like to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
      To build and install desktop and server systems in accordance with agreed procedures

To attend service or management meetings, as required

To produce and maintain operational and design documentation in accordance with Company procedures
      I think the word "desktop" gives it away. Never deal with desktops on 3rd.

Comment

I think the word "desktop" gives it away. Never deal with desktops on 3rd.
        They want servers built (hardware and software), reason is the job is advertised as 2nd line and paying 2nd but they are known to throw 3rd line in for the same money (vague job desc.)

Comment

It's probably that the job is pitched between the 2 and as you say - it's cheaper to pay 2nd line and get them to do a bit of 3rd. At my previous employer this function was held be the "operations team" who are 2nd. Basically anyone can build servers with a bit of documentation and if it's a sizable outfit then the server builds will probably be from images/RIS/WDS anyway.

Comment

If you're a 2nd line guy then it's a perfect leg up into the 3rd line world ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
            X