• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post-interview agency feedback/response

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's normal behaviour for 'the ones that got away'. It's like when you're choosing what car to buy. If you choose a BMW, you don't feel obliged to phone up Mercedes, Ford and Volvo and give them feedback on why they didn't make the sale.

If you do want feedback, phone up 2 days after the meeting, assume you didn't get the gig, and ask nicely.

Comment

I never get feedback on failed interviews. I dont fail interviews.

Yet to meet a contractor I wasnt better than.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

contracting for 1 year - 3 interviews and 3 gigs... and i got turned down after one of the interviews
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Hate to stick up for the agents but consider this :
          They often get little or no feedback from the client, especially for contract jobs, it is a yes or no, end of.
          No-one likes to hear bad news and for every contractor who takes it on the chin, there is another who rants and raves, argues about every point the agent says etc etc. The agent will start off getting back to people but after a few of these chats, they will stop (and so would I).
          You get the job - they phone within 30 seconds, if not - you are toast.
          Chalk it up and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            If your own interview is scheduled before the rival candidates from the same EB then there is a real chance that the EB will get back after the interview to find out how it went. They are not just being polite, what they really want to know is what the client asked during the interview so that they can prime your rival candidates into saying the right thing so they get a better chance of getting the job if you don't get it yourself.
            Interesting... sounds like some mis-direction might be in order if that ever happens to me
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
            X