• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chaos as Corona virus test site for key workers closes after a few hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos as Corona virus test site for key workers closes after a few hours

Coronavirus: Test website closes after 'significant demand' - BBC News

The words "couldn't", "pissup" and "brewery" come to mind.

Meanwhile about 100 NHS staff have died from Covid:

Coronavirus UK: More than 100 frontline workers thought to have died | Metro News

I thought the Lions led by Donkeys scenario had died out in the 1st world war?

Very depressing. Really makes me glum.
    Last edited by sasguru; 24 April 2020, 12:59.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Totally unfair comparison.

Donkeys can at least do something useful.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Coronavirus UK: More than 100 frontline workers thought to have died | Metro News

The phrases "here's a proof of concept" and "Looks good, I'll tell senior management we can get it live tonight" spring more to mind.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You lost. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Totally unfair comparison.

Donkeys can at least do something useful.
          When I was in Denmark, there was ... <snip>
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Very depressing.

Maybe some Russian/German generals or complete cretins still believe that rubbish.

BBC - History -
            World Wars: The Western Front: Lions Led by Donkeys?

even the express is better informed than you

The lions were not led by donkeys | WWI | News | Express.co.uk
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Maybe some Russian/German generals or complete cretins still believe that rubbish.

BBC - History -

Only a truly cretinous gammon could think that the complexity of differing historical viewpoints can be settled by picking the one that makes the British establishment look good.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

BBC - History -

If you were better educated you would understand that there is considerable debate about historiagraphy and that there is plenty of doubt about the competence of British army leadership especially in the first part of the war.
                However the fact that you consider the Express worthy of quotation in a historical debate tells us all we need to know about your intellect and explains why most here, on all sides of the spectrum, totally ignore your stupid wittering.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Only a truly cretinous gammon could think that the complexity of differing historical viewpoints can be settled by picking the one that makes the British establishment look good.
                  But never mind, musn't grumble.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you were better educated you would understand that there is considerable debate about historiagraphy and that there is plenty of doubt about the competence of British army leadership especially in the first part of the war.
                    However the fact that you consider the Express worthy of quotation in a historical debate tells us all we need to know about your intellect and explains why most here, on all sides of the spectrum, totally ignore your stupid wittering.
                    If you had any sort of education you'd know that it's historiography, not historiagraphy.
                    I thought someone of your alleged education would understand that once you've flounced you don't return. It's simply bad form.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X