• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who are SAGE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are SAGE?

Is it in fact the ERG: The Secretive Group Guiding the U.K. on Coronavirus - The New York Times
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

The government can do what it likes.
    The UK populace are too apathetic and poorly educated to care and mostly lack critical thinking skills.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The government’s influential Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies — known by its soothing acronym, SAGE — operates as a virtual black box. Its list of members is secret, its meetings are closed, its recommendations are private and the minutes of its deliberations are published much later, if at all.
      Sounds like the EU!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Sounds like the EU to a paranoid cretin like me!

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Sounds like the EU!

QED.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            not really secretive as this list was "uncovered' with 60 seconds of googling

Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE): Coronavirus (COVID-19) response - GOV.UK

New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group - GOV.UK
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I would have thought the only need for secrecy is to protect the expert members from the usual collections of loons, trolls and promoters of dubious solutions. The group itself isn't secret.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                I would have thought the only need for secrecy is to protect the expert members from the usual collections of loons, trolls and promoters of dubious solutions. The group itself isn't secret.
                That will definitely be the only 'need' for secrecy.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  I would have thought a primary need for secrecy is to protect the expert members from the usual collections of loons, trolls and promoters of dubious solutions. The group itself isn't secret.
                  FTFY

Plenty of other reasons - pressure/inducement from business owners to get us out of lockdown, etc.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    FTFY

Plenty of other reasons - pressure/inducement from business owners to get us out of lockdown, etc.

...hiding the political biases and allegiances and financial interests of the group members...

Comment

Working...
                    X