• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Captain Tom Moore's 100th Birthday Walk for the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid-19 appeal to benefit NHS staff through array of charities | Society | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Oh dear. He was raising money for NHS Charities Together not the NHS.

NHS Charities Together - Formerly Association of NHS Charities

Perhaps if you could use a brain cell to do some research you'd realise what the money will be used for instead of leaping on your high horse to idiotsville.
      I've a funny feeling you scratch beneath the surface and this charity will stink to high heaven. Just a feeling having done about 5 minutes research.

In the mean time, I've a better idea why don't we donate a proportion of our wages to the NHS and not legitimise the notion of an NHS charity because guess what might happen. Go on take a stab in the dark.

Simple Simple people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
        Whiny whiny moan moan
        Why don't you take your negativity elsewhere. Someone has done something good. But there's always the whiners who just have to have a good whine. At least the Russians have experience to tell them that the worst always happens.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Why don't you take your negativity elsewhere. Someone has done something good. But there's always the whiners who just have to have a good whine. At least the Russians have experience to tell them that the worst always happens.
          Yeah 20million quid which could have gone to a genuine charity not to legitimize the notion of the NHS being a charity as a pre cursor to privatizing the sweet bejesus out of it so we can move towards an American pure privatized model.

For the record I don't need to whine. I'm quite comfortable financially but have a social conscience.

Comment

For the record I don't need to whine. I'm quite comfortable financially but have a social conscience.
            Would you like a nice hot cup of **** off to go with that?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Brilliant incredibly proud of this incredible individual, let's hope the Tory c***s don't deem him fit for work.

What makes me incredibly angry is the NHS is not a charity, the tories have been throwing people like Tom on the iternal scrap heap in the sky for 10 years and it has to stop it must end.

Why is it up to us the public to raise money for the NHS it's one the of the sickest things I've heard in my entire time on this planet.

I understand Marie Currie and other charities who where incredible when my late dad needed them. They where a beacon of light in our darkest hour, they are a legitmate charity. but the NHS? WTF.

This shower of s**t must have there day of reckoning, shameful, shameful.

So angry right now.
              Don't break your neck falling off your high horse. On second thoughts, I don't really give a sh!t if you do. What sort of a sad ****** could possibly find bad news in a good news story? Only someone who won't be missed. Go f--- yourself.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Don't break your neck falling off your high horse. On second thoughts, I don't really give a sh!t if you do. What sort of a sad ****** could possibly find bad news in a good news story? Only someone who won't be missed. Go f--- yourself.
                No bad news here, why do you say that? We all work hard. This is a massive opportunity to readdress the imbalance we all know exists deep down. I know it and I'm very fortunate, I'm untouched by this pandemic but doesn't mean i don't care.

For gods sake this is a nice story it's very very nice, lovely makes me oozey but if you really give a s**t do something, get of your high horses. be brave, challenge, question...hold your head above the parapet, live breathe be alive. Speak of the 1000s that have lost there lives. Don't hide like cowards, don't move like braying dormant wilder beast, move left right. Be unique be individual don't regurgitate populist mantra. Why because life is hard but its also ******** amazing not because an old man walked up and down a garden.
                Last edited by Shackattack; 18 April 2020, 00:49.

Comment

Yeah 20million quid which could have gone to a genuine charity not to legitimize the notion of the NHS being a charity as a pre cursor to privatizing the sweet bejesus out of it so we can move towards an American pure privatized model.

Every NHS Trust has a charity and are also supported by other charities. It enables them to do things for their staff, research and provides extras for patients that the government would never provide. For example overnight accommodation for families with sick kids and toys are provided by charities.

These hospital charities have been going for decades, and in some cases are a continuation of the charity of that founded a particular hospital long before the NHS was formed.

This information isn't hard to find out. Then again it probably helps I known enough sick and dead people who themselves or families raised funds for such charities so I know this already.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The memes have started:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He's soldiering on with a charity single collaboration that the media are now publicising to try to get it to number 1 for his upcoming 100th birthday.

The song collaboration is the typical tulip that people are putting out from home now but can't be worse than most modern music.

Makes me wonder where Geldof, Bono, and the others are.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X