• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Agency payment schedule - no morals?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Agency payment schedule - no morals?

    Can anyone tell me if im in the wrong or not by thinking this agency has no morals.

    I recently ended a short contract (based in the north west) with an agency which is based in London Basically the agency have a payment schedule where you work for a month then get submit your approved timesheet and get paid two weeks later, so quite lengthy payment terms. So, I submitted my timesheet, then last week I was offered an urgent contract with the NHS, but i needed to be paid quickly so i had the funds for the commute, it was a short drive then a national train and the trains would be costly so needed the money for the commute, I asked the agency if they could pay me quickly, i was willing to pay a fee, they wouldnt budge on it, I was pleading with them because i needed the money to commute to this new contract i had been offered so i emailed the director and he said no, you need to wait so I asked him one last time, he replied too late and said send me your new contract (as proof?!) and ill see what i can do later, by this time I had already had to decline the new contract because I didnt have the funds to pay for the commute. I can understand they were legally within their rights as they have a payment schedule, but morally? certainly not, I am really upset and annoyed about it, how they can sleep at night i dont know, its hard enough to find a contract at the moment but ive had to decline a contract because the previous agency wouldnt have a heart and pay me a bit early, I did explain to them i need the money to commute to an NHS contract ive been offered but they didnt care. Am I in the wrong thinking they are out of order?!? Now im out of work and struggling to find anything......oh and they still havent paid me yet, im still waiting

    #2
    No credit card to whack everything on?

    How were you planning on eating without the money?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      No credit card to whack everything on?

      Never owned a credit card.

      How were you planning on eating without the money?
      I have plenty of food in the house and the missus is due to be paid soon but it was really bad timing, or usually we would have money to fall back on, so my only hope of getting funds quickly was the agency paying me early, but they refused. Usually we have savings but just before all this corona crap started we paid for a holiday in full, which now might not happen either. Just really frustrated i have had to miss out because of this agency being so stubborn.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by likewise View Post
        I have plenty of food in the house and the missus is due to be paid soon but it was really bad timing, or usually we would have money to fall back on, so my only hope of getting funds quickly was the agency paying me early, but they refused. Usually we have savings but just before all this corona crap started we paid for a holiday in full, which now might not happen either. Just really frustrated i have had to miss out because of this agency being so stubborn.
        Pay day loan and take the hit on the APR?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Pay day loan and take the hit on the APR?
          Didnt think pay day loans even existed any more, I thought the likes of Wonga etc.... had been stopped. I did request an overdraft from the bank but they said they would come back to me which they just have but its too late having it now, even a loan from the bank would have taken several days to sort.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by likewise View Post
            Didnt think pay day loans even existed any more, I thought the likes of Wonga etc.... had been stopped. I did request an overdraft from the bank but they said they would come back to me which they just have but its too late having it now, even a loan from the bank would have taken several days to sort.
            Looking at your situation and this thread it appears thinking really isn't your strong point.

            Top trolling though.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Looking at your situation and this thread it appears thinking really isn't your strong point.


              Top trolling though.
              My situation is through bad luck and bad timing. You know nothing about me, so dont say thinking is not my strong point, i posted to get peoples opinions, not presumptious sarcasm.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by likewise View Post
                My situation is through bad luck and bad timing. You know nothing about me, so dont say thinking is not my strong point, i posted to get peoples opinions, not presumptious sarcasm.
                Oh, sorry. So my opinion? You're as thick as mince.

                How dat?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by likewise View Post
                  My situation is through bad luck and bad timing. You know nothing about me, so dont say thinking is not my strong point, i posted to get peoples opinions, not presumptious sarcasm.
                  That was abuse, not sarcasm.

                  You're better off posting in the Business / Contracts sub-forum than in General.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by likewise View Post
                    Can anyone tell me if im in the wrong or not by thinking this agency has no morals.
                    Originally posted by likewise View Post
                    My situation is through bad luck and bad timing. You know nothing about me, so dont say thinking is not my strong point, i posted to get peoples opinions, not presumptious sarcasm.
                    I would never have become a contractor without a good warchest. In your shoes I would go permanent.

                    If you argue with NLUK, who has made valid points, then you are very stuffed. IMO.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X