• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grim predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim predictions

I’ve called a few thinks correct many weeks ago

Stock markets and end of contracting

Let me make a few more

20% reading this thread today - will be dead in 8 weeks time

Boris will be close to resining at same point

Stock market down another 25%

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

The last two are not sufficiently time boxed. Or you are Nostradamus and I claim my five pounds

Comment

You're asking for predictions?

He's not fit, probably eats junk, has been a horrible individual to his partners and numerous children and has a lowered immune system from the stress of being in the limelight that he so thought he desired.

Boris Johnson will die of coronavirus complications.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark
        FTFY
        I think he may be dyslexic. Not a joke/jibe.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
          You're asking for predictions?

He's not fit, probably eats junk, has been a horrible individual to his partners and numerous children and has a lowered immune system from the stress of being in the limelight that he so thought he desired.

Boris Johnson will die of coronavirus complications.
          I have just been reading a thread on twitter written by a journo.....

Johnson may be replaced by Gove......

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatTimWa...03119106019328
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Stock markets and end of contracting

Let me make a few more

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            I am the 5th person to read this. The other 4 are fit and well.

Comment

That's grim?
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                That's grim?
                It will be if we get Gove to replace him
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thankfully I read it tomorrow.

Comment

Let's break this down .....

Can we have a link where you did this? Unfortunately, like a few other posters on here, you make loads of 'predictions', most of which are completely off the mark ... but you know, you make enough predictions, you're bound to get one right eventually

Stock markets
                    Firstly, what call did you make on stock markets? Secondly, even back in late Jan it was looking like the world was going to follow China, and hence close down big areas of countries. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this would have an impact on stock markets. Stock markets like certainty ... there is little certainty with the world at the moment.

end of contracting
                    How are we seeing an end to contracting? What we're seeing is companies not able to trade in the current market and hence are reducing their cost base. Once the world gets back to normal, contracting (like other forms of employment) will pick up where it left off. Will contracting look like it did in 2019, no idea, but the biggest threat to the long term health of contracting is IR35 and not this virus.

Let me make a few more
                    Go on then .....

Let's assume 20 people could be @rsed to read this thread. You're seriously calling that 4 will be dead in 8 weeks? Even though you know that the virus is mostly only taking away the ill and old? Now, I know we have a few codgers on here, and a few with underlying illnesses, but first you have to have these people catch the virus, and then they have to succumb to it. Nah .... can't see this ... I think you've just been drinking too much and gone all morose.

This means nothing and not something you can prove. You can prove, if it happens, that he has resigned. But you can't prove, unless you are in his personal circle, that he is close to resigning. Also 'at some point' is probably a given ... he won't be leader and PM for ever, so yes, at 'some point' he is more than likely to resign.

By when? A 25% further drop (assuming you mean 25% off the value today), would be a further 1400 knocked off the value leaving the FTSE at about 4100. Nah, not likely. Even with all the uncertainty we have today the market has only gone to 5500; to lose another 25% off that would take governments pulling their financial supports, large companies going to the wall and banks pulling finance. Governments survive because it's citizens feel safe and (relatively) well off. Neither Boris, Trump or the many other world leaders can afford to see a total collapse of capitalism.

Nice try ... but maybe have a few less sherries next time eh

As for mine ... if Boris survives his illness (which is not so sure given how ill he looks, and he's not exactly a figure of health at the best of times) then he'll stay on through this time. If he carks it then that's a different story!

I think stock markets will hover where they are for some time yet. We're gonna need some change in leader's policy to push the markets one way or the other. It's more likely governments will loose the ties slowly to get the economies back moving again (and sacrificing a few souls if necessary) than go for tighter lockdowns for much longer.

My final prediction is you'll continue to post fear as you're clearly struggling for some reason at the moment. Maybe you should call your GP for some help, rather than post on here in General.
                    Last edited by Whorty; 4 April 2020, 08:53.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X