• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Employed

“ Sunak says he is treating the self-employed like the employed.

But in return, everyone must pay in, he says.

He is implying that he will reform the tax system so that the self-employed lose some of their tax advantages.”

UK coronavirus live: Rishi Sunak says government will pay self-employed up to GBP2,500 a month | Politics | The Guardian

It would be a naive person who doesn't think the measures being put in place won't need to be paid for in the future.

What I'd really hope (rose tinted glasses alert!) is that this drives a proper review of how taxes are charged and collected across the board, with the result being a much tidier set of rules that apply to everyone (individuals and companies).

It'll never happen but I can dream.

Comment

But we're not even eligible for this anyway?

Comment

as PSC Director and employee of said Ltd CO. not entitled to jack tulip!

Laid off now and only income will be small salary from Ltd Co. What can I claim, probably nothing. But tax reform will cripple me once all this is over.

Comment

Wow, what a piece of work bringing IR35 into it.
          I'm not asking nor taking a bailout.
          Long term the differences remain, the next 6-12 months is sod all in the grand scheme of things.
          And whats all this talk of 'we' the government. Its easy to spend the future earnings of other people; more so when you don't know the value of money!

I don't mind paying more tax but this guy has nearly scared off my clients from dealing with consultancies. The stress and hours spent in the last 6 months to deal with this has been a complete ball ache.

Comment

Was trying to follow this but I assume as a Ltd Director you’re entitled to feck all?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by pvfcpug View Post
              as PSC Director and employee of said Ltd CO. not entitled to jack tulip!

Laid off now and only income will be small salary from Ltd Co. What can I claim, probably nothing. But tax reform will cripple me once all this is over.
              universal credit i think

Comment

you hear that sound? that is the sound of I.T contractors been thrown under the bus......

Comment

I didn't hear him saying Ltd Co directors were excluded? it was more than 50K profits are excluded.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

It's situations like this where the company warchest comes in handy.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X