• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt help will be for 3 months, but increased taxes - forever...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Govt help will be for 3 months, but increased taxes - forever...
      10% discount for cash / BTC going on the bottom of my invoice after this is over.

Comment

If you are a director of a Ltd then you are not self employed, as per the box you tick on your SA100.

Self employed being a sole trader.. is the way I understand it.

Comment

There's a single sentence..

Chancellor gives support to millions of self-employed individuals - GOV.UK

"Those who pay themselves a salary and dividends through their own company are not covered by the scheme but will be covered for their salary by the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme if they are operating PAYE schemes."

so min salary and dividends = 80% of not much and Job Retention Scheme also means you have to stop all work...

Comment

This government's definition of fair needs some work.

It's only fair we get taxed more as we will have recieved the same benefits as employees. Except we wont.

Hey it's fair though.

Ir35 2 : no lube boogaloo.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              “ Sunak says he is treating the self-employed like the employed.

But in return, everyone must pay in, he says.

He is implying that he will reform the tax system so that the self-employed lose some of their tax advantages.”

UK coronavirus live: Rishi Sunak says government will pay self-employed up to GBP2,500 a month | Politics | The Guardian

Yes but this is already covered by Off Payroll changes (now) coming into effect 2021. I damn well hope he isn't going to introduce yet another tax on us.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that it had been confirmed that directors could furlough themselves and claim the 80% of their salary.

This scheme is not for LtdCo's - it's for self employed.

80% of last year's paid salary

Mrs V is looking forward to claiming it on top of the extra business she is being offered.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So this is only applicable to those currently out of gigs?

What about those that were on the bench before COVID and didn't have any gigs?

I assume there is a large proportion of contractors still working, so no need for them to claim - unless they have been told they're unable to work from home by client...

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
                    So this is only applicable to those currently out of gigs?

What about those that were on the bench before COVID and didn't have any gigs?

I assume there is a large proportion of contractors still working, so no need for them to claim - unless they have been told they're unable to work from home by client...
                    It's not applicable to any of us, why don't you read the thread before you post?

Comment

So we are officially Company Owners and not employees or self employed. A useful determination for any future IR35 investigations.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X