• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Same in our local REWE, shelves of plenty - even loo roll!

Took me time at it too, got me some freshly baked Weißbrot..
    You've got loo roll? We've had to rip up the bedsheets into strips. Still, we're getting blue passports...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      blue passports...
      There's an idea. One of the pages is laminated for possible reuse.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        There's an idea. One of the pages is laminated for possible reuse.
        When the sheets are gone, I'm using £20 notes, now that they're machine washable. Contractor solutions...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          Even Majestic wine has shut down its website to demand for online orders. Shutting the boozers down has started the next wave of panic.
          No it's cos people are terrified being stuck with their families. These companies have variously been blocking orders intermittently for the last couple of weeks.

Sad thing is the pubs who invested in takeout and home delivery a week ago are now finding that was a waste of money they cannot afford.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Shops round here pretty well stocked at the weekend and today. Toilet roll nowhere to be seen STILL, but even paracetamol was really available.

We've found a food wholesaler, assuming they stay open.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Shops round here pretty well stocked at the weekend and today. Toilet roll nowhere to be seen STILL, but even paracetamol was really available.

We've found a food wholesaler, assuming they stay open.

Our local pharmacy has paracetamol, but you have to ask for it. The local Co-op had Panadol+Codeine on Saturday, and I was tempted (it's really good stuff if you're ill) but I left it on the shelf for someone who may really need it (although I'm resigned to the fact that someone probably hogged the lot shortly afterwards, and am subsequently kicking myself).

I haven't seen a bog roll on any supermarket shelf for almost 2 weeks (the local hardware shop had some on order, but they're being shut down as of Tuesday). I'm genuinely crapping myself that if we're let down tomorrow, we don't have another chance of an online order for over a month (at least), so very soon we'll be wiping our arses on clothes we won't be needing for a while...but I suppose it could be worse...

Comment

Why is the hardware store being shut down? They are an essential store classification especially if it's a small village type shop?

B&Q have a thing on their page to this effect, it might be worth asking because I'm seeing businesses close who perhaps are not asked or need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  You've got loo roll? We've had to rip up the bedsheets into strips. Still, we're getting blue passports...
                  My local Migros had pallets of the stuff outside.

B&Q will open for the sale of essentials - not everything. At least that's what their website seems to say. The recreational aspect of going to the shops has to be shut down.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Is this the end of panic buying? Tesco store returns to normal | Metro News

Apparently supermarkets are getting back to normal.

I heard last week it would take about 2 weeks.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just ordered 2 kg of coffee beans to keep my stash topped up.

It's an essential!

Comment

Working...
                      X