• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus vs Natural Deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Don’t forget that those stuck at home will end up breeding more, so the overpopulation of the planet will grow.

People of the UK should be like the Chinese - 1 kid is good, more than one is bad.
    You sir, are a prick. China's 1 child policy and its methods of enforcement was abhorrent.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

800 reported dead in Italy in a single day. But hey, Whorty, I am sure that they would have died of a sniffle anyway.

The level of stupid of some people in this country is unbelievable. I guess you won't believe it until this hits UK in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
        800 reported dead in Italy in a single day. But hey, Whorty, I am sure that they would have died of a sniffle anyway.

The level of stupid of some people in this country is unbelievable. I guess you won't believe it until this hits UK in 2-3 weeks.
        You're getting all hysterical again. I have never said covid-19 is just the sniffles. People dying of this illness have severe underlying illnesses; you're the one belittling these poor people's existing health complications, not me.

I get people don't want to believe how many people already die, each year, of severe illnesses and that these same people may now die due to covid-19 triggering an exasperation of this illness. Fear makes us think in very strange ways.

I get you and others are scared, but just follow good advice and your chances of catching this virus, or you spreading the virus if you have it, will reduce.

It is really sad what is happening in Italy, but as we've said already their social make-up is different to ours. They have an older population, and they live in multi-generational homes, thus unintentionally exposing the most vulnerable. Hopefully Brits will take the social distancing seriously to help stop the spread and protect those most at risk but time will tell.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          True but

Nah.

@Whorty - try this article by MD on Private Eye. A different take perhaps - Pandemic update: M.D. On the best medicine...
          Thanks for sharing

Comment

France Coronavirus: 14,459 Cases and 562 Deaths - Worldometer

1847 new cases and 112 new deaths in France. 50% of the 1,525 patients currently in intensive care are under 60 years old

Mass hysteria continues, I'm sure these people also have the sniffles, right Whorty?

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
              France Coronavirus: 14,459 Cases and 562 Deaths - Worldometer

1847 new cases and 112 new deaths in France. 50% of the 1,525 patients currently in intensive care are under 60 years old

Mass hysteria continues, I'm sure these people also have the sniffles, right Whorty?
              Of course 50% of under 60s are making up the ICU patients, this is because (like we will/are doing) they are focusing on those they can save and not using scarce resource on poor souls who will not survive (due to their underlying illnesses).

This is a known triage strategy.

Do grow up and stop being such an hysterical snowflake.

Comment

Can we stop panicking now about the NHS being at full capacity?

An extra 8,000 hospital beds across England, nearly 1,200 ventilators and almost 20,000 fully qualified staff will be available from next week.
                Phew ..... glad to share this. Hope you all sleep a little easier tonight with this information

Comment

It's a pity you turned out to be a fool. A real pity, because otherwise I liked you. The fact that a complete cretin and loser like BR14 is liking your posts should tell you how far you've fallen. Where did it all go wrong? Lack of mathematical education, I suspect.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 21 March 2020, 21:59.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

What happens in the next 2 weeks is entirely dependent on the discipline of the country. If the Uk can get the R number to 1 or less we will be ok. But I'm not confident. There are too many idiots. Whitty thinks 20000 dead will be a good outcome. Think that China only had 3000. At least Neill Ferguson caused a u turn last weekend. Because the previous policy that Vallance described made the UK a laughing stock round the world. Not for the first time. Thats because Vallance is a jumped up GP who like most medics can't do basic maths.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      It's a pity you turned out to be a fool. A real pity, because otherwise I liked you.
                      I am sure he is devastated. Losing the patronage of the forum's saddest most delusional c0ckwomble must be hard to take.

When did this latest flounce wear off, or have you finally got 4G coverage in your eco-toolshed?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X