• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus vs Natural Deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Hope you will feel better soon!

What were the fever temps? Headache?
    I do feel a lot better already.
    I didn't have a thermometer so don't know how hot I was.
    Didn't feel any worse than a normal flu though. Slight headache.
    Worst thing was the cough - doesn't let you rest.

Annoyed with lack of testing though - this could very well be a "normal" flu. So I could still be at risk of "real" CV19.
    I just don't know.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Interestingly I am in the camp that thinks it is not going to be as bad as Italy, whereas my brother is convinced it is and we are about 14 days behind them.

Only time will tell.
      I see in press reports that London parks are "heaving". Draw your own conclusions.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Interestingly I am in the camp that thinks it is not going to be as bad as Italy, whereas my brother is convinced it is and we are about 14 days behind them.

Only time will tell.
        Well if British people continue to act like this, it will be like Italy:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I see in press reports that London parks are "heaving". Draw your own conclusions.
          Not exactly heaving

Greenwich park yesterday was about 20% of usual, unless you count walking past people and the odd family playing together - everyone was keeping distance

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Not exactly heaving

Greenwich park yesterday was about 20% of usual, unless you count walking past people and the odd family playing together - everyone was keeping distance

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Hope so.

If everyone keeps social distance strictly, it's a mathematical certainty that the virus has to peter out. Need to get the R number (number of healthy people each case infects) to under 1.
            Then the virus has nowhere to go. It'll flare up in pockets for the forseeable future but strict quarantining should keep it down.

The only problem is that I'm not convinced of the intelligence of the great British public (or other populaces to be fair).
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Annoyed with lack of testing though - this could very well be a "normal" flu. So I could still be at risk of "real" CV19.
              I just don't know.
              Lack of testing infrastructure is criminal - hardware and people should have been in place for mass testing well before this pandemic, and as soon as WHO developed tests all should have been in place for mass testing + shutdown if containment failed, this would have cost a fraction of money it will cost now.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Lack of testing infrastructure is criminal - hardware and people should have been in place for mass testing well before this pandemic, and as soon as WHO developed tests all should have been in place for mass testing + shutdown if containment failed, this would have cost a fraction of money it will cost now.
                Indeed. Anyway I'm not going to raise my blood pressure worrying about it.
                The sun is out, I'm alive (for now) and I'm just about to go for the first walk outdoors (keeping my distance of course) in a few days.
                Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I just don't know.
                  Or man flu. (only kidding)

--------------

There may be differences of opinion on how bad people think is going to get but one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is...

...the next few months (maybe the rest of the year) are going to be fooking depressing which ever way you look at it.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Indeed. Anyway I'm not going to raise my blood pressure worrying about it.
                    The sun is out, I'm alive (for now) and I'm just about to go for the first walk outdoors (keeping my distance of course) in a few days.
                    Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
                    What medicine did you use?

Comment

You are acting hysterically by accusing everyone else of being hysterical with every post. Maybe you are hysterical but just in denial
                      Yeah, that's it ... spot on
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X