• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    But only after I come back from me hols...
    You will be allowed on holiday. But not allowed back. All people movement stopped by then. So it well be a very long holiday. Luckily you can still moderate - the internet won't be closed. Well I hope you can - don't leave us with the other two PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Why is Haslemere pointed out?
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      No, it wasn't stolen from there. It was stolen from the updated, peer-reviewed publication that came out following the show.
      But there has been quite a large outbreak in Haslemere recently.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        But there has been quite a large outbreak in Haslemere recently.
        https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...re#post2737889

Don't you all read all my posts?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          On a virus strain that wouldn't be discovered for 2 years?

I'm not sure you really know what you are talking about here.

The data from that was about modelling the spread and impact of a flu-like virus. It's not about a very specific strain of a virus. The basis of the process was comparing virus spread in 1918 (Spanish flu, H1N1) with that 100 years later. Contrary to the belief of some, the UK is not the same country it was in 1918. These studies help provide new, more up-to-date data models that can be used to predict spread.

If you are aware of more relevant and recent peer reviewed research into the spread of viruses in the UK which contradicts the findings of LSHTM and Cambridge University, please share it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The data from that was about modelling the spread and impact of a flu-like virus. It's not about a very specific strain of a virus. The basis of the process was comparing virus spread in 1918 (Spanish flu, H1N1) with that 100 years later. Contrary to the belief of some, the UK is not the same country it was in 1918. These studies help provide new, more up-to-date data models that can be used to predict spread.

If you are aware of more relevant and recent peer reviewed research into the spread of viruses in the UK which contradicts the findings of LSHTM and Cambridge University, please share it.
            I'm sorry but you are showing me some graphic from a TV show and telling me its real life. You are about as believable as someone on Ancient Aliens saying we are working on warp drives.

Comment

I'm sorry but you are showing me some graphic from a TV show and telling me its real life. You are about as believable as someone on Ancient Aliens saying we are working on warp drives.
              Shame your hatred of facts means you're uninterested in reading.

The source of the graphics was an article published in Epidemics by Petra Klepac, Stephen Kissler and Julia Gog.
              Petra is from:
              Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
              Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Faculty of Epidemiology and Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK

Stephen and Julia are from:
              Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK

...But you think you are more believable than them.
              Last edited by WTFH; 9 March 2020, 16:30. Reason: edited to correct the qualifications of the authors

Comment

Shame your hatred of facts means you're uninterested in reading.

You're like some senile old bat that thinks Quincy is real.

Comment

You're like some senile old bat that thinks Quincy is real.

Close. I think you're confusing me with a mirror.

Comment

Chap in Boots asking for some hand sanitizer, all gone. Woman behind him gave him her bottle.

He was going on a cruise.

I wished him good luck.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

The source of the graphics was an article published in Epidemics by Petra Klepac, Stephen Kissler and Julia Gog.
                      Are you going to share the link, or keep it to yourself?

Comment

Working...
                      X