• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Don't say that, you'll upset *those* who are determined to blame *something else* for everything bad that happens...
    You mean you’re not going to blame the EU? First time in a long time.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The south koreans have been testing the most, they have mortality at .5%.
      Source?

Currently (as of 10 mins ago) there are 114,276 reported cases globally. Of those, 4,009 have resulted in death. That’s 3.5%. A figure I gave the other day which you said was wrong, and that the actual figure was less than 1%. You’re now saying 0.5% (again refusing to give a source). Want to pick any other figures out of thin air, or shall you just resort to blathering on and ignoring facts?

Coronavirus Update (Live): 114,276 Cases and 4,009 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Source?

Currently (as of 10 mins ago) there are 114,276 reported cases globally. Of those, 4,009 have resulted in death. That’s 3.5%. A figure I gave the other day which you said was wrong, and that the actual figure was less than 1%. You’re now saying 0.5% (again refusing to give a source). Want to pick any other figures out of thin air, or shall you just resort to blathering on and ignoring facts?

Coronavirus Update (Live): 114,276 Cases and 4,009 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
        You are picking on someone who doesn't know how to use the calculator on their phone.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You are picking on someone who doesn't know how to use the calculator on their phone.
          There's a calculator on phones now? Whatever will those Tefal boffins come up with next?

Comment

Source?

But I have not been tested - neither have huge swathes of the population.

So the next question is how many people have been tested worldwide to get the figure of 114,276 cases?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

So the next question is how many people have been tested worldwide to get the figure of 114,276 cases?
              There are also issues regarding who is being tested and when.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Source?

Why don't you just google it. It has been reported for days that south korea has got mortally as low as .5 .6

Early mortality rates for coronavirus are likely misleading, experts say - ABC News

Unlike your self who trawls the web for the worst case scenarios i'm hearing the news from inside the NHS and have been for weeks. This will be very unpleasant and a worrying period but it should be manageable if the right steps are taken. Your prediction if 1.4 million UK dead is hysterical nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Unlike your self who trawls the web for the worst case scenarios i'm hearing the news from inside the NHS and have been for weeks.
                  Unlike yourself, I’m getting the news from one of the people who advises the NHS, and has been on various issues over the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Yes, it’s interesting.
                    Italy have tested over 55,000 people (as of yesterday). The UK might have tested 25,000 by today.

It’s nice to deflect to “but how many have been tested”, I suspect that if all those figures were collated, the next claim would be that not all countries are testing in the same way, using the same products, etc.

Perhaps you’d like to define what you consider an acceptable way to collect and present data, then gather it and see if it contradicts other data. Or ignore the data and go with the hunches of Wailers

Comment

Yes, it’s interesting.
                      Italy have tested over 55,000 people (as of yesterday). The UK might have tested 25,000 by today.

It’s nice to deflect to “but how many have been tested”, I suspect that if all those figures were collated, the next claim would be that not all countries are testing in the same way, using the same products, etc.

Perhaps you’d like to define what you consider an acceptable way to collect and present data, then gather it and see if it contradicts other data. Or ignore the data and go with the hunches of Wailers
                      Why don't you watch a Quincy and come back and tell us.

Comment

Working...
                      X