• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

456 Positive Covid-19 in UK as of 11th March

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Are you going to share the link, or keep it to yourself?

I'm going to share it...

Contagion! - The model behind the documentary - ScienceDirect!

It was fun stringing out the ranters for a while.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Here you go, you lazy lot.

Sparking “The BBC Four Pandemic”: Leveraging citizen science and mobile phones to model the spread of disease | bioRxiv
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's some numbers cobbled together for an entertainment show. If anyone seriously thought that there would be 1.4 million dead in the next 3 months as who the fook is suggesting they would be shooting people dead in the streets right now.

Comment

So of all the people who have been diagnosed since the outbreak started, how many currently have the virus and of those how many are in hospital, being proper poorly, vs sitting at home on their arses watching homes under the hammer?

All we're getting is cumulative totals which is, frankly, useless.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

All we're getting is cumulative totals which is, frankly, useless.

All we're getting is scientists accused of making things up for entertainment shows.

Not surprising we're where we are when anyone with a brain is rejected by the clanging cymbals of the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              All we're getting is scientists accused of making things up for entertainment shows.

Not surprising we're where we are when anyone with a brain is rejected by the clanging cymbals of the nation.
              Don't drag me into that nonsense! That's absolutely not what I'm saying.

Headlines are saying there's so many hundreds of people tested positive, which I'm sure is true as well as most likely being lower than the real figure due to the ones that haven't been tested yet are carrying it without any ill effect. But not all of them still have it. Quite a decent proportion are now probably free of it and never were at risk of anything worse than a bit of a cough.

For some reason, all we seem to be getting is the total infections and total deaths - and I'm sceptical all the deaths are directly attributable to COVID-19 as I'm sure some of those who died would have keeled over if they caught ordinary flu or other type of infection.

I don't like being given half the information. It masks the real impact of the virus and only serves to breed the kind of fear and paranoia that will allow a governement to pass draconian measures "for the safety of the populace".

Final note: None of the arriving passengers tested at Heathrow have tested positive.

Comment

Don't drag me into that nonsense! That's absolutely not what I'm saying.
                I know it's not what you're saying, it's what the "I read it in the Mail" lot are saying.

Headlines are saying there's so many hundreds of people tested positive, which I'm sure is true as well as most likely being lower than the real figure due to the ones that haven't been tested yet are carrying it without any ill effect. But not all of them still have it. Quite a decent proportion are now probably free of it and never were at risk of anything worse than a bit of a cough.

For some reason, all we seem to be getting is the total infections and total deaths - and I'm sceptical all the deaths are directly attributable to COVID-19 as I'm sure some of those who died would have keeled over if they caught ordinary flu or other type of infection.

I don't like being given half the information. It masks the real impact of the virus and only serves to breed the kind of fear and paranoia that will allow a governement to pass draconian measures "for the safety of the populace".

Final note: None of the arriving passengers tested at Heathrow have tested positive.
                Yes, I suspect Cummings will get one of his henchmen to announce some new measure, or to use the virus as an excuse for anything that goes wrong at the minute.

We have Dr Trump in the US saying that it's minor and will go away as soon as it's springtime, also that it's safe to go to work when you're sick. He trots out the same kind of BS that's on here "What do scientists know?". He'll be blaming science for the economy - "If they didn't advise people to stay at home, my shares would be worth more", etc.

Comment

The south koreans have been testing the most, they have mortality at .5%. It will kill anywhere between 10 and 50 k here and be terrible but containable and will reduce in the summer.

Remember this...

Swine flu: 65,000 deaths is UK's worst case scenario | World news | The Guardian

It was something like 450.

Excess winter deaths here go between 20 and 50 k. So overall winter deaths might not be uncommon as this will kill the same people as what would normally be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I know it's not what you're saying, it's what the "I read it in the Mail" lot are saying.

Yes, I suspect Cummings will get one of his henchmen to announce some new measure, or to use the virus as an excuse for anything that goes wrong at the minute.

We have Dr Trump in the US saying that it's minor and will go away as soon as it's springtime, also that it's safe to go to work when you're sick. He trots out the same kind of BS that's on here "What do scientists know?". He'll be blaming science for the economy - "If they didn't advise people to stay at home, my shares would be worth more", etc.
                    It's definitely going to be a scapegoat for everything bad that happens, probably for the rest of the year.

Comment

It's definitely going to be a scapegoat for everything bad that happens, probably for the rest of the year.
                      Don't say that, you'll upset *those* who are determined to blame *something else* for everything bad that happens...

*Can't say who or what on this forum, you know the drill...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X