• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Not with their frankly extortionate £60 minimum charge!

Are you brushing your teeth using cheap champagne? INKSPE.

La Grande Dame for me.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Are you brushing your teeth using cheapchampagne? INKSPE.

La Grande Dame for me.
      Don't be so daft.

I get mine delivered, just not from waitrose, d'uh

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        The government is working with supermarkets to ensure that people self-isolating because of coronavirus will receive food, the health secretary told BBC One's Question Time.

Matt Hancock said he was confident food supplies would not run down.

Panic time then !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Supermarkets have said Matt Hancock's claim they will deliver food to those who are self-isolating over coronavirus fears was "totally made up".
        The health secretary said during a Question Time appearance on Thursday that the government was in talks with retailers about home deliveries.
        "We are working with the supermarkets to make sure that, if people are self-isolating, then we will be able to get the food and supplies that they need," he said.
        However, supermarket sources have said they have not been involved in discussions.

As suspected

Comment

Shock: Tory politician caught telling porkies.

Well there's a thing.

Good to see that Cummings has let Boris out of the bunker at Number 10 at last.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Shock: Tory politician caught telling porkies.

Well there's a thing.

Good to see that Cummings has let Boris out of the bunker at Number 10 at last.
            Indeed...but don't most the major supermarkets deliver anyway?

Comment

Supermarkets have said Matt Hancock's claim they will deliver food to those who are self-isolating over coronavirus fears was "totally made up".
              The health secretary said during a Question Time appearance on Thursday that the government was in talks with retailers about home deliveries.
              "We are working with the supermarkets to make sure that, if people are self-isolating, then we will be able to get the food and supplies that they need," he said.
              However, supermarket sources have said they have not been involved in discussions.

As suspected

Maybe he's one of those people who think that if they thought something that automatically means they said it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Maybe he's one of those people who think that if they thought something that automatically means they said it.
                No, he is a politician - they don’t say what they actually think

Comment

As suspected

It would be interesting to know the bona fides of the "sources" involved.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

worth a listen
                    Covid-19: Q and A with Virologist Chris Smith | RNZ

what happens when you catch this virus
                    YouTube
                    Last edited by Andy2; 8 March 2020, 17:38.

Comment

The latest Department of Health figures have confirmed 373 cases of coronavirus in the UK, including six deaths.

This is a jump of 54 cases compared to a day earlier.

So far, 26,261 people have been tested.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X