• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market - how low will it go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Personally I'll be watching the stock market and will be pumping in some cash once the reaches a low enough value that I'm confident, in the long term, it will grow again back up to 7500+
    ^^ This.

As for Hargreaves Landsdowne (as noted by others) ..... there are much better advisers out there. Be careful that they don't try to convince you to transfer all your funds for them to manage!
    ^^ Also this.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

As for Hargreaves Landsdowne (as noted by others) ..... there are much better advisers out there. Be careful that they don't try to convince you to transfer all your funds for them to manage!
      They're not advisers. They're just brokers. If folks are not comfortable trading with ETF's, yes stay away. If on the other hand you know what you're doing, then fill your boots.

The funds that folks refer to going bust may well have been available on HL, but's that's nothing to do with them. Always do your own research.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

trustpilot reviews are insightful - Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.hl.co.uk

Mostly Woodford clients throwing a fit. Seems that the service has taken a hit with the onboarding of Woodford and more so the fallout.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          They're not advisers. They're just brokers. If folks are not comfortable trading with ETF's, yes stay away. If on the other hand you know what you're doing, then fill your boots.

The funds that folks refer to going bust may well have been available on HL, but's that's nothing to do with them. Always do your own research.
          They are also Financial Advisers. They have an alleged reputation for encouraging members of financial salary pension schemes to transfer to schemes that they manage. Companies like HL make a nice bit of income from FUM

They do not have a good reputation in the advice and pension arena. By all means use them if you like, but i'll pass thanks.

Hargreaves Lansdown Financial Advice | Hargreaves Lansdown
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I don't understand how they could be advisers when their core business is collecting broker fees. Always seek independent advice from a IFA. I'm baffled by those that seek advice from the salesman.

Comment

I’m calling dropping below 5000 this week after Boris starts his war room with the main plan being

retired doctors and nurses could be asked to return to the NHS as part of a UK "battle plan" to combat a possible further spread of coronavirus.

Lol exactly the age range of people the virus kills, prepare for a stampede of applications

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                I’m calling dropping below 5000 this week after Boris starts his war room with the main plan being

retired doctors and nurses could be asked to return to the NHS as part of a UK "battle plan" to combat a possible further spread of coronavirus.

Lol exactly the age range of people the virus kills, prepare for a stampede of applications

That would be nice Max out the shares ISA (normal FTSE tracker is perfect) this side of April, then drop another 20k in after 5th April
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The government is refusing to rule out placing entire cities on lockdown if the UK experiences a widespread outbreak of the novel coronavirus, according to the health secretary.
                  Matt Hancock said he would not "take anything off the table at this stage" when asked about a Wuhan-style quarantine by BBC's Andrew Marr on Sunday.

Lol Matt Hancock in charge - 28 days later here we come

Comment

The government is refusing to rule out placing entire cities on lockdown if the UK experiences a widespread outbreak of the novel coronavirus, according to the health secretary.
                    Matt Hancock said he would not "take anything off the table at this stage" when asked about a Wuhan-style quarantine by BBC's Andrew Marr on Sunday.

Ah is that a documentary, like Idiocracy? I ought to get around to watching that so I know what to expect in the coming end of days

Comment

To really scare you - can you think of anyone better in politics to do the job?

At least we are in a better position than the US where the person leading believes pray will solve the issue - mind you pray is probably all most US citizens can afford to do.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X