• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Succeeded.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Bah.

Fecking people getting contracts etc.
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
      I already have something nice http://www.motorbikestoday.com/revie..._blackbird.htm
      just looking for something that can take me and Mrs BI around Europe for a few weeks without giving us RSI
      Strangely enough I still have one of those. Not many of them around, which is nice. Though the fuel economy isn't very good as it tends to leak quite a bit when stationary.

threaded

Comment

Ta, I am quite proud of myself. I think I should reward myself for the achievement. .... Now, where's that BMW motorbike brochure I had saved for such an occasion?
        Reward yourself, but I wouldn't go for a beemer (Ijust don't like them). KTM Adventure?
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Reward yourself, but I wouldn't go for a beemer (Ijust don't like them). KTM Adventure?
          KTM is very nice but it's probably not the best bike to travel on a British motorway in winter if you want to arrive safe, dry and warm.
          Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

In getting that (in)famous second contract, which, according to the honourable fraternity of CUKers, is the most difficult thing to do.

Surely getting the first one is the most difficult!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

this is what I used to commute on http://www.motorbikestoday.com/galle...aha-YZF-R1.jpg day in day out all weathers, 400 miles a week.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                Surely getting the first one is the most difficult!
                The problem is that one is happy with almost anything when it comes down to the first contract, just to get into the market, but then one becomes more picky when it comes down to the successive ones. I have refused contracts because the rate was lower then the one I was getting in my first contract, or because the work wasn't interesting enough, or because I didn't like the location, but I would have accepted whatever contract was offered to me when I started contracting (furtunately I had the luxury of choosing between two offers, which is nice). It surely helps when your skills are in great demand and you can afford to be choosy.
                Carpe Pactum

Comment

KTM is very nice but it's probably not the best bike to travel on a British motorway in winter if you want to arrive safe, dry and warm.
                  The 990 Adventure has a decent fairing and comes with road tyres so is a pretty good mile muncher. It is high wide and handsome so you will be seen.
                  I ride a duke II which has no wind protection and has a minute tank, but as I live near the lake district it is lots of fun.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by gables
                    this is what I used to commute on http://www.motorbikestoday.com/galle...aha-YZF-R1.jpg day in day out all weathers, 400 miles a week.

Tony
                    That's just 80 miles a day! Try riding twice as much as that, on the motorway, and you'll start appreciating comfy seats, electric windscreen, heated grips and niced wrap-around fairing.
                    Carpe Pactum

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                      The 990 Adventure has a decent fairing and comes with road tyres so is a pretty good mile muncher. It is high wide and handsome so you will be seen.
                      I ride a duke II which has no wind protection and has a minute tank, but as I live near the lake district it is lots of fun.
                      I believe you. I am having fun with the blackbird but I find that riding it over 90 minutes gets uncomfortable. I had a chance to test-ride the r1200rt for a weekend and it's very comfortable but still "sporty" enough for some serious country roads fun (and Mrs BI loves it, too, which is a huge bonus)
                      Carpe Pactum

Comment

Working...
                      X