• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trouble with the WIND

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Off the Lizard.
    Not up the Lizard?

Comment

M. Harding - I once told him to pi55 off when he started having a go at me because I didn't know where the public footpath went after it left our field. He was with a bunch of his rambler mates and was all 'It's your responsibility to know' I slipped straight into Jade mode and told him where to go - I should have added that he wasn't very funny also, but i only thought of that once he had gone.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        M. Harding - I once told him to pi55 off when he started having a go at me because I didn't know where the public footpath went after it left our field. He was with a bunch of his rambler mates and was all 'It's your responsibility to know' I slipped straight into Jade mode and told him where to go - I should have added that he wasn't very funny also, but i only thought of that once he had gone.
        He used to be a bloody funny comedian. Until he went all folky.

Comment

I thought he started folky, then told jokes because the folk thing wasn't working and then started to introduce the folk stuff once he got famous - which is what speeded up his return to nothingness. I liked some of his comedy stuff but it seemed to be like having your grandad telling you stories about post war Manchester.

My best mate from Uni works at the production company which he own with Nick Barraclough (sp!). He turned into a complete ****** once he started working there because he was meeting all these famous people.
          Last edited by BoredBloke; 18 January 2007, 15:26.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I thought he started folky, then told jokes because the folk thing wasn't working and then started to introduce the folk stuff once he got famous - which is what speeded up his return to nothingness. I liked some of his comedy stuff but it seemed to be like having your grandad telling you stories about post war Manchester.
            Billy Connely
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

No his stories were post war Glasgow and harder to understand

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by wxman
                WxMan is stuck inside decodeing C# today

Update on peak winds so far.. Needles 90mph+, Belmullet 83mph

Also there is a good risk of Tornadoes forming today - http://www.estofex.org/
                That's what we need, a nice easy to understand weather forecast for the masses.

Strong cyclogenesis is expected in these affected areas, with intense precipitation in the WAA regime, very moist air mass and very strong LLS/SRH in the warm sector, strongly forced convection along the cold front, dry intrusion above the cold front/cold sector air mass, as well as some convection in the range of the following surface trough and embedded back-bent occlusion.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

My best mate from Uni works at the production company which he own with Nick Barraclough (sp!). He turned into a complete ****** once he started working there because he was meeting all these famous people.
                  He did the "Peter Kay" thing before Peter Kay was born.

Comment

Here's the reason for today's strong winds

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/jetstream.asp

Jet stream blowing clear across England.
                    “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon
                      http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/jetstream.asp

Jet stream blowing clear across England.

Lancashire is at 61mph! Yikes, there goes my fence!
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X