• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trouble with the WIND"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Well made it home okay. It was quite chaos. One guy had to stay the night in a travel lodge, another got home at 10pm and another took five hours to get home. I caught the last train back to my hole . whew. no troubles at all

I noticed three panels missing from my fence. But when I went into my garden I could only find two panels. One was split in two. It was only the morning I discovered the third panel behind some bushes, smack up against the fence...on the other side of the garden.

No tiles missing though!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I used to find it facinating how the wind direction would shift to the right with altitude when I was planning a flight (or shift to the left when flying in Oz). Something to do with the Coriolis effect?

hyperD in "threaded" mode

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Jardon
    replied
    Expat. Yes it is the jetstream. The link I gave related to yesterday's jetstream image, which showned a clear jetstream path over England.

The initial image you see from today's image is for Friday. The pattern has now shifted, along with the Low pressure system which yesterday it was rapped up with.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Jardon
    http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/jetstream.asp

Jet stream blowing clear across England.
    Check the linked site, it's actually much stronger over Scotland but it is England that's getting the wind. So is it the Jet stream that's causing it?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied

If you go high enough it always is

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    2 - Why is it so many young asian men have fast cars and drive them like complete and utter knob heads.
    You want to worry about the ones who use the underground!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Had it back - don't know what all the fuss was about. A couple of thing to note though

1 - why do they not keep the traffic signals up to date? On the M25 it said the M40 was closed at junction 6. None of the traffic reports on 5 live said it was even though they ran through all the motorway closures. I was going to try the M1 until I heard of the problems on that. Instead opted for the M40 and it wasn't closed. Infact it was one of the easiest journeys I have had.

2 - Why is it so many young asian men have fast cars and drive them like complete and utter knob heads. Going onto a roundabout I managed to cut this guy up - I was following the markings on the road while he was trying to dart into the lane I was supposed to be in - as indicated by the markings. He then sat on the bumper of my car to he point that I couldn't see his headlights al all in my rear view. Then when I pulled into the slow lane of the dual carridgeway he shot in front of me and stamped on his brakes. Idiot.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied

Lancashire is at 61mph! Yikes, there goes my fence!

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Jardon
    replied
    Here's the reason for today's strong winds

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I thought he started folky, then told jokes because the folk thing wasn't working and then started to introduce the folk stuff once he got famous - which is what speeded up his return to nothingness. I liked some of his comedy stuff but it seemed to be like having your grandad telling you stories about post war Manchester.

My best mate from Uni works at the production company which he own with Nick Barraclough (sp!). He turned into a complete ****** once he started working there because he was meeting all these famous people.
    He did the "Peter Kay" thing before Peter Kay was born.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman
    WxMan is stuck inside decodeing C# today

Update on peak winds so far.. Needles 90mph+, Belmullet 83mph

Also there is a good risk of Tornadoes forming today - http://www.estofex.org/
    That's what we need, a nice easy to understand weather forecast for the masses.

Strong cyclogenesis is expected in these affected areas, with intense precipitation in the WAA regime, very moist air mass and very strong LLS/SRH in the warm sector, strongly forced convection along the cold front, dry intrusion above the cold front/cold sector air mass, as well as some convection in the range of the following surface trough and embedded back-bent occlusion.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    No his stories were post war Glasgow and harder to understand

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I thought he started folky, then told jokes because the folk thing wasn't working and then started to introduce the folk stuff once he got famous - which is what speeded up his return to nothingness. I liked some of his comedy stuff but it seemed to be like having your grandad telling you stories about post war Manchester.
    Billy Connely

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

My best mate from Uni works at the production company which he own with Nick Barraclough (sp!). He turned into a complete ****** once he started working there because he was meeting all these famous people.
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 18 January 2007, 15:26.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    M. Harding - I once told him to pi55 off when he started having a go at me because I didn't know where the public footpath went after it left our field. He was with a bunch of his rambler mates and was all 'It's your responsibility to know' I slipped straight into Jade mode and told him where to go - I should have added that he wasn't very funny also, but i only thought of that once he had gone.
    He used to be a bloody funny comedian. Until he went all folky.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X