• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently Listening To.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    Too loud but otherwise really enjoyable. Worth seeing but take ear plugs.
    Wish I'd read that before I went to see them last night. I really need to get some earplugs these days. Saw a few people in the audience wearing them. Soft, yeah, but my ears don't recover like they used to.

Went for the full on mosh pit experience last night as well, which I haven't done for a while. Splendid fun.

Comment

The Datsuns
      What would I Know
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Above & Beyond - "TATW #298"
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Wish I'd read that before I went to see them last night. I really need to get some earplugs these days. Saw a few people in the audience wearing them. Soft, yeah, but my ears don't recover like they used to.

Went for the full on mosh pit experience last night as well, which I haven't done for a while. Splendid fun.
          Did you get a swig of Josh's vodka? He had only drunk half the bottle before the end and offered the rest to those in the pit. That was after he had had a cigarette on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            'Them Crooked Vultures' album.

Volume 11.
            Are they any good then?
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Are they any good then?
              Now there is an interesting question. The album only has the odd track that makes a first impression then you find you like more and more. I particularly like those tracks where John Paul Jones plays the same bass line throughout - Spinning in Daffodils being a good example.

You then see them live and it was LOUD - I've only been to one concert that was louder (AC/DC back in the 80's) - but, as a result, I now find I want to listen to the album at a very high volume because I want that concert feeling back again.

Here are my uploaded videos of the concert. Not very good but I blame the camera.

Dead End Friends
              Bandoliers
              Highway One
              Elephants
              Last edited by OrangeHopper; 15 December 2009, 10:07. Reason: My English is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Are they any good then?
                I like the album, a cut above the typical supergroup fodder. I'm a big FF, QOTSA and LZ fan though.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Trentemøller - "The Last Resort" [spotify]

Comment

RATM -Killing in the name - official video

Oh how I do like the idea of that being Xmas #1
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                      RATM -Killing in the name - official video

Oh how I do like the idea of that being Xmas #1
                      This version isn't bad either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY

Comment

Working...
                      X