• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    We're going round to my son's place tomorrow, where he will wield the Swedish steel, made in Japan, left handed sushi knife I got for him for Christmas. I'm really hoping my wife remembers to bring the fish. He and his wife toured Scotland this summer, and so I plan on denting his whisky supplies.

Then raclette with friends for the afternoon of the 1st of January.

What are you lovely lot planning to herald in the New Year?
    There's nothing like a game of raclette to work off those calories.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      it's a lot of effort, for a cheese sarnie

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post

New year's Day will be at my mum's for the obligatorily steak pie.
          feck all wrong wi' that, son!
          i've hud tae cook mah ain fur years!
          and the London butchers dinnae dae them.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            the London butchers dinnae dae them.
            When I lived in London it used to really bug me that I couldn't get haggis on Burns night. Raging [emoji23]
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Parents in law flew in yesterday. Father-in-law via Manchester airport, Mother-in-law via broomstick.

House full of Paddy's, real and plastic so should be a good craic!

Tomorrow? FUCTIFINO! She can sort that one out.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

TFA

I was up first thing and straight down to Bursledon for some king scallops and fresh wild sea bass for this evening. Working from home today. Me and the missus are staying in tonight on our own. I've raided the cellar for some decent white. We'll be saying goodbye to this stinky old year in style.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

My son just served me a generous measure of Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold.

I can die in peace.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Im lying in my bed, MY BED! Having been visiting family for the last 10 days and have been on every crap bed, sofa bed for ages.

So I an relaxing in my bed now. Party to go to later
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I’m in deepest Russia (minus 28C yesterday ) plenty of snow here, went sledging in the morning (vodka breakfast) then ice staking and festivities all day (plus more vodka)

Heading to mayors house for fireworks and more partying then everyone eats a midnight feast of several courses plus presents

Pissed already - long night ahead

Enjoy everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X