• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Rickenbacker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm selling it because i have a beautiful 1982 335

http://www.podsol.co.uk/images/mynewbie.jpg

and also a 1963 strat which was and is my main guitar. i'm also selling a couple of marshalls and a peavey as part of a general clear out.

in fact, here they are together with the mesa lonestar

http://www.podsol.co.uk/images/mesa1.jpg
    Last edited by scotspine; 16 January 2007, 13:21.

Comment

Looks great Scotspine.

I think I'm opposite, I'm essentially a semi-acoustic player, with a "rockabilly" style, which is why the Rick appealed to me with its bright sound. I just don't do Hendrix/Blackmore etc.

So how would you compare the 335 to the 333.

I know the E335 is fantastic, and it would be my first choice but would you get a similar sound from say an Epipohone 335 copy to a Gibson 333.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

the neck is better on the 335, but that's a lot to do with the fact that the 333 has hardly been played. it will need a couple of years to wear it in i reckon before it shows what it can do. the 333 pickups are more powerful than those on the 335. a lot brighter (in fact some people put covers on them to calm them down, depends on what amp you're running it through) but i prefer the 335 sound, mellower. i played the 333 a couple of days ago through one of the marshalls just to test the marshall and i'd forgotton how good it all sounds. i haven't played an epi 335 copy so couldn't really say.

in general i'd also say that the 333 has a sexier finish to the 335. it's a lighter guitar. has the easy access panel on the back to the pots and has sustain for ever due to the neck design.
        Last edited by scotspine; 16 January 2007, 13:41.

Comment

That's interesting.

Do you play in a band ?

I used to play in a big band, and then rock'n'roll which I might consider again, but I met an Elvis impersonater (excellent singer), well he's not so much as an impersonater; more that he naturally sings like that and thought I might back him in pubs.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

at the moment i don't - too busy but it is def on my agenda to get back in to one asap. where do you play? i think cliphead is currently gigging. lucky sod!

Comment

I used to play at private parties in halls a while back. We did 50's and 60's songs. Went down well, but I listen to tape we made, sounds pretty ropey mainly due to crappy equipment.

I met an American contractor and we sang and played some Everly Brothers songs (my second speciality is harmonies ) at a party a while back, and recently he did some Elvis stuff, which sounded fantastic, so I think we could pull off some old 50's hits. With a drummer and a real double bass, his powerful singing voice and a DECENT GUITAR , I think we ought to be able to make some raucous music.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                I used to play at private parties in halls a while back. We did 50's and 60's songs. Went down well, but I listen to tape we made, sounds pretty ropey mainly due to crappy equipment.

I met an American contractor and we sang and played some Everly Brothers songs (my second speciality is harmonies ) at a party a while back, and recently he did some Elvis stuff, which sounded fantastic, so I think we could pull off some old 50's hits. With a drummer and a real double bass, his powerful singing voice and a DECENT GUITAR , I think we ought to be able to make some raucous music.
                Are you a covers band or originals? I play in a band, playing our own songs.

Does your band have a myspace page?
                Call the cops

Comment

sounds good. i think if you have the vocals sorted you are more than halfway there. you must be quite good if you're doing everlys stuff. luvvit! their harmonies were sooo tight!

Comment

No....currently there is no band. But the American guy is discussing with some pubs about playing live. He wants to hire musicians but I'm going to suggest we get together. At the moment he sings slow crooner songs. He said he would sing raucous songs but his guitar playing isn't good enough, cue me . He doesn't know it yet, and we would have to agree, but as a guitarist I would be free. No normally I just cover. I have written songs "without words" but I can't do words. If someone gives me a poem I can usually put a tune to it.

What's your band Freaky Dancer ?

Where's your website downloads etc ?
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 January 2007, 14:27.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
                      at the moment i don't - too busy but it is def on my agenda to get back in to one asap. where do you play? i think cliphead is currently gigging. lucky sod!
                      Sure am! I sound engineer for one band that pays very well although they've got more gear than U2 but fewer roadies. I guest with several other bands as time allows so all in all I gig fairly regulary.

Later this year I'll be gigging the Carnegie Hall in New York if the contractual problems can be sorted out.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X