• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As a contractor, how do you answer this criticism?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Never complain, never explain.
    Never apologise, never explain.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Act like you own the place, plough salt into the ground on the way out.
      Crap on the boardroom table on the way out.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Crap on the boardroom table on the way in.
        FTFY. Have the courage of your convictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Never apologise, never explain. never sleep in the wet patch
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by djm View Post
            In plenty of forums, Facebook, social media etc, I always see the following phrase and I wondered what everyone else thought about it and how you answered it.

"People who avoid paying fair amounts of tax by creating a company, employing themselves on minimum wage and paying themselves a large dividend lose their right to an opinion on what happens to the NHS, as they aren't fairly contributing towards it. Even if what they do is legal, morally it's completely wrong."

By the way, I'm a contractor and sick of being attacked and would like to know what to say back
            I cry on the way home in my maserati or 6.3L merc depending on what I’m driving that day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

just tell them to feck off.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                I cry on the way home in my maserati or 6.3L merc depending on what I hired that day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  FTFY. Have the courage of your convictions.
                  GPWM

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    never sleep in the wet patch
                    At your age there is no way of avoiding it. Still at least you don't care any more.....

Comment

Employees generally pay a higher percentage of their pay in tax, than entrepreneurs. This is because the state wants to encourage employees to become entrepreneurs. Us contractors sit somewhere between the two. So it would make sense for the state to want to incentivise us in a similar way. That's what justifies our purportedly lower rates of tax - there is no connection between what we put in and what we should have the right to take out.

Comment

Working...
                      X