• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which of the CUK members was on Question Time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of the CUK members was on Question Time?

General election 2019: Does GBP80,000 put you in the top 5% of earners? - BBC News

He seemed upset about the prospect of being dragged into PAYE and insisted being on > £80,000 didn't put him in the top 50% of earners, never mind the top 5%.

Such earnings, aggression and total failure at basic maths makes him a dead cert to be a CUK member. He managed to confuse the panel and host.

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    General election 2019: Does GBP80,000 put you in the top 5% of earners? - BBC News

He seemed upset about the prospect of being dragged into PAYE and insisted being on > £80,000 didn't put him in the top 50% of earners, never mind the top 5%.

Such earnings, aggression and total failure at basic maths makes him a dead cert to be a CUK member. He managed to confuse the panel and host.
    The stupidity and lack of basic maths skills initially suggested Dim to me.
    But Dim earns nowhere near 80K.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The stupidity and lack of basic maths skills initially suggested Dim to me.
      But Dim earns nowhere near 80K.
      So you reached that initial conclusion due to your stupidity and lack of basic analytical skills.

Well done you......
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        So you reached that initial conclusion due to your stupidity and lack of basic analytical skills.

Well done you......
        Says a strong contender for forum thicko.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post

Standard gammon falsehoods. All doctors earn> 80k?

Comment

Probably a plumber

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Actually at 80k before tax he’s in the top 23% not the top 5%, lack of research made him look like a numpty. Where do you fit in - Institute For Fiscal Studies - IFS
              "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
                Actually at 80k before tax he’s in the top 23% not the top 5%, lack of research made him look like a numpty. Where do you fit in - Institute For Fiscal Studies - IFS
                Your link is for household income.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Your link is for household income.
                  Yes I know, what’s the problem with that?
                  "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
                    Yes I know, what’s the problem with that?
                    Doh! Because we're talking about the percentiles of "earnings" not wealth.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X