• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal colonialists must be stopped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Watch out!

The Argies will be claiming it next.
    Have they found oil there then?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Watch out!

The Argies will be claiming it next.
      That's completely different.

The argentinians are claiming land they don't live on against the will of the people who do live there. Britain is defending the rights of the people who live on that land - who, funnily, 'look' just like most Brits and don't 'look' like foreigners. Hmmm, interesting!!

With Chagos, a nation (Britain) removed people who lived on the land (Chagoins) and gave that land to a 3rd nation (US).
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        FFS, you really are dumb. Just because the British 'claim' it, it doesn't give the government the right to kick people of that land. For once, try to think of the ethics and morality of what went on/is going on.

To simplify it for you, as I know you struggle with anything too complex. Let's play a game, and pretend the government came to your little house and kicked you out, and gave it to a foreign nation to live on. You're sent somewhere else to live, but your whole life is turned upside down on a whim.

Just because the government claim it's 'lawful', which most of the world disagree with, it doesn't mean it is right. I'm sure Saddam thought it was 'lawful' to invade Kuwait, or Assad thinks it's 'lawful' to blow up his own people, also doesn't make it right.

I'm pretty sure you won't agree as you're so stuck in your little rut that you have no compassion for most of the humans on this planet. But fella, that I'm afraid is something you need to live with and to sort out in your own conscience.
        The Chagos Islands belonged to the UK before the "Chagos Islanders" set foot on the islands. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          The Chagos Islands belonged to the UK before the "Chagos Islanders" set foot on the islands. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
          Your house/land was part of Britain before you set foot on it ..... and yet you'd be miffed if the government rocked up and turfed you out and gave the land to the US.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

There is also the humanity and morality of the situation. Or do you not care about people?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            They have to keep voting.

Anyway, we rent nukes....
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Probably down to the fact that he has the intellectual capacity of a Weetabix.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Probably down to the fact that he has the intellectual capacity of a Weetabix.

a WHOLE one???

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  FTFY
                  Wrong.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                  X