• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    The women I have worked with have mostly been very good. Current one on project is probably best of the permies!

She is clearly upset by lack of women on the team - she recently suggested hiring more women to which someone replied - "great : the more totty the better".
    So to summarise you need to know your stuff and have the worlds best sense of humour.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Thank god for women IT people.

Originally posted by DGK
      Sorry ladies but they just don't mix. I've never met a woman that knows her stuff in all my years in IT.

the great thing about women is that they do not "know their stuff", they tend to know "the clients stuff". There are too many of you nerdy ****** who "know your stuff". Tell you what stick "your stuff" where the sun dont shine and worry more about what your customer wants.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        the great thing about women is that they do not "know their stuff", they tend to know "the clients stuff". There are too many of you nerdy ****** who "know your stuff". Tell you what stick "your stuff" where the sun dont shine and worry more about what your customer wants.
        So your margins are higher on female contractors then?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent

Well thats you at the top of the "CUK Most Shaggable" list
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            So your margins are higher on female contractors then?
            That is purely coincidence
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              Oi Dodgy, have you ever shagged a fat lass?

Comment

I've met quite a few good women in IT, most tend to be lower to middle managerial and know their jobs well and what they want from techies. Higher managerial tend to be right bitches trying to prove how macho they are. Techie ones fall into 2 camps:

very good - tend to be programmers, analysts or DBAs (of whom I've met some excellent ones)

idiots - tend to be anything and somehow got the job because of breasts. I worked with one once who got the job due to some equality laws or some such tosh. When it was her turn to unload the paper lorry and put it into the store the argument was that as a female she should not have to do such work. She also managed to go sick for 3 days, with chicken pox.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  Oi Dodgy, have you ever shagged a fat lass?
                  No but I am willing to give it a go

Comment

Could you publish the full list please?

Comment

thanks sallyann, just goes to show boys (I can hear the sighs of relief already) that it is not about looks

Comment

Working...
                      X