• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antisemitism in Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Depends what you mean with "before" as time didn't exist
    Who designed the designer has a similar answer. Time was designed and put into place by the designer. Therefore a prior cause for the designer is at least as meaningless as talking about a "before" the Big Bang. I believe Augustine came up with this around 400AD - so it's not exactly a novel question.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      well the arsehole OP got what he wanted then.
      4 pages of bickering sh1theads.
      I leave General for a day and miss all the fun .... can this bickering sh1thead join in too?

For the record - God doesn't now, and never has, existed
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Who designed the designer has a similar answer. Time was designed and put into place by the designer. Therefore a prior cause for the designer is at least as meaningless as talking about a "before" the Big Bang. I believe Augustine came up with this around 400AD - so it's not exactly a novel question.
        But the universe isn't designed or ordered, its chaotic. To see order in it is an illusion and inevitably leads to a supreme being. Chaos explains the unfairness of life. We crave order and invent laws we try to police, but there is no order or fate as such.

Augustine came up with all sorts of nonsensical notions such as original sin.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          So, how do you explain this....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            So, how do you explain this....?

Obviously a fake ... there are only 3 signed first editions in circulation
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                But the universe isn't designed or ordered, its chaotic.
                Maybe the designer wasn't very competent? Have you seen The Good Place?
                To see order in it is an illusion and inevitably leads to a supreme being.
                I see, so all quantum physicists and cosmologists are deists? And Quantum Electrodynamics is purely illusionary? Sure about that? Or do your beliefs fly in the face of the evidence?
                Augustine came up with all sorts of nonsensical notions such as original sin.
                I'm sure you think he did. I was just giving one of the answers possible to the question "Who designed the designer?", and thereby demonstrating that the question is not a killer argument for no designer existing.

Comment

it's open season on Christians.

Human sexuality and relationships - Revision 5 - GCSE Religious Studies - BBC Bitesize

"Arguments in favour of homosexuality"

"There are many laws in the Bible that would not be accepted now because the nature of society has changed, eg capital punishment and slavery. We should not be restricted by ancient standards."

yes, Christians have lots of laws about slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Maybe the designer wasn't very competent? Have you seen The Good Place?I see, so all quantum physicists and cosmologists are deists? And Quantum Electrodynamics is purely illusionary? Sure about that? Or do your beliefs fly in the face of the evidence?
                    I'm sure you think he did. I was just giving one of the answers possible to the question "Who designed the designer?", and thereby demonstrating that the question is not a killer argument for no designer existing.
                    Wut?

Do you believe in God or not?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Wut?
                      Very good. You're getting funnier.

Comment

Working...
                      X