• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ways in which to rub sockpuppet up the wrong way....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways in which to rub sockpuppet up the wrong way....

* Arrive late for the interview (that is the interviewer being late) - [Sockpuppet was not impressed]

* Leave me in an office suite with piant peeling off the walls - [Real great impression there]

* Completley disregard my CV - ask questions like "That last job seems quite good - why did you leave" -[Sockpuppet asks if you understand the nature of interim work...and the wording "THIS WAS A FIXED TERM CONTRACT" on my CV]

* Spend 10 minutes telling me I'm young for a interim - [Gee no tulip sherlock]

* Spend another 5 minutes telling me that "interims" are mostly social misfits - [oh..he has a point]

* Tell me that the rate is 44% below what I was expecting as a minimum - casually drop in 2am starts - [fesking agents]

* Say that they will not take me on unless I am an employee - no Ltds allowed - [Er...wtf? Is there any reason for this to happen]

As you can tell I'm a little fecked off, I know...hard skinned contractor and all that but I dont do stupid people and this guy was a peach.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 10 January 2007, 17:46.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    * Arrive late for the interview (that is the interviewer being late) - [Sockpuppet was not impressed]

* Leave me in an office suite with piant peeling off the walls - [Real great impression there]

* Completley disregard my CV - ask questions like "That last job seems quite good - why did you leave" -[Sockpuppet asks if you understand the nature of interim work...and the wording "THIS WAS A FIXED TERM CONTRACT" on my CV]

* Spend 10 minutes telling me I'm young for a interim - [Gee no tulip sherlock]

* Spend another 5 minutes telling me that "interims" are mostly social misfits - [oh..he has a point]

* Tell me that the rate is 44% below what I was expecting as a minimum - casually drop in 2am starts - [fesking agents]

* Say that they will not take me on unless I am an employee - no Ltds allowed - [Er...wtf? Is there any reason for this to happen]

As you can tell I'm a little fecked off, I know...hard skinned contractor and all that but I dont do stupid people and this guy was a peach.
    I'd take a strip off the agent for that like - they could have told you all that, or at the very least organised a telephone interview instead of wasting your time and money making you go in.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

I feel better for having vented. Just really miffs me as it was 2 hours I could have spent here post whoring

Comment

[QUOTE=Sockpuppet
        As you can tell I'm a little fecked off, I know...hard skinned contractor and all that but I dont do stupid people and this guy was a peach.[/QUOTE]

If its any consolation I think I'd be pretty miffed as well. Did you manage to stay till the end of the interview? I'm just beginning to look for a new contract and I'm not looking forward to this kind of thing happening to me. I know it will though

Sally Anne is right; give the useless barsteward pimp a bollocking and some seriously pointless leads - I'm thinking along the lines of (old joke) the phone number for Whipsnade Zoo asking for a Ms C Lyonne, although I'm sure you can be more creative than that
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Recently went through 2 interviews and was offered the contract, the client then wanted references for every contract in the last 12 years - not possible. Some of the managers who hired me were contractors themselves and have long since moved on, some of the companies don't exist (not my fault).

Not to mention proving where I've lived over the past 12 years via the electoral register - I've mostly worked abroad, lived in hotels, had short term leases.

They also wanted to do a credit check FFS. The disclosure procedure (successfully completed last year), doesn't go into such detail. I was also positively vetted years ago when I worked for the MoD, a six month process but that wasn't good enough either.

Cliphead's response - shove yer contract up yer arse.

Next...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Agree. I'd have a right go at the agent and say something about his mother.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
              Recently went through 2 interviews and was offered the contract, the client then wanted references for every contract in the last 12 years - not possible. Some of the managers who hired me were contractors themselves and have long since moved on, some of the companies don't exist (not my fault).

Not to mention proving where I've lived over the past 12 years via the electoral register - I've mostly worked abroad, lived in hotels, had short term leases.

They also wanted to do a credit check FFS. The disclosure procedure (successfully completed last year), doesn't go into such detail. I was also positively vetted years ago when I worked for the MoD, a six month process but that wasn't good enough either.

Cliphead's response - shove yer contract up yer arse.

Next...
              Those are normal checks from most investment banks - however they usually ask for references from the last five years not 12, strange they asked you for 12.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                Those are normal checks from most investment banks - however they usually ask for references from the last five years not 12, strange they asked you for 12.
                That's because he posts on here. Makes anyone a bit sus from a client's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  Not an investment bank, mickey mouse comms company and not client facing. HR trying to justify their existence.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Throw him in the washing machine without his brother?
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X