• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Should the UK intervene in HK protest?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Should the UK intervene in HK protest?

    China thinks not Hong Kong protests: China tells UK not to interfere in 'domestic affairs' - BBC News

    Personally I am sick of China since they were allowed official presence on London streets BBC NEWS | UK | Torch guards complaints reported

    The future does not look bright for HK. This is what China wants installed everywhere China routinely installs secret surveillance app on tourists’ phones when they visit region of Muslim ‘re-education’ camps | The Independent

    #2
    China building our nuclear power stations.

    China supply 5G technology. The UK is too inept when it comes to technology development. We need China. Of course the same might be said in reverse.

    Then there's our track record of intervening in other countries, Iraq, Libya, countless African countries... not exactly got the best track record we have when it comes to defending democracy. Hell, just even look at our own parliament, they can't even execute the will of the people and leave their most lucrative trading partner while they chase sunlit uphills in search of blue passports.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      China building our nuclear power stations.

      China supply 5G technology. The UK is too inept when it comes to technology development. We need China. Of course the same might be said in reverse.

      Then there's our track record of intervening in other countries, Iraq, Libya, countless African countries... not exactly got the best track record we have when it comes to defending democracy. Hell, just even look at our own parliament, they can't even execute the will of the people and leave their most lucrative trading partner while they chase sunlit uphills in search of blue passports.
      Certainly I don't want the UK too dependant on the USA who seem to want us to distance ourselves from China.

      Both countries have the death penalty.

      Comment


        #4
        China is, and always was the next global threat to world peace following in the steps of Nazi Germany.

        We can thank the Clinton administration for inviting the vampire across the threshold.

        Comment


          #5
          We should invade Taiwan and then hand it over to China - just to show that we're a country willing to do business with our foreign overlords.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

          Comment


            #6
            China does not pose a threat to others. It just wants to defend what is theirs.

            Though it thinks the whole world is theirs.....

            Comment


              #7
              Maybe we should hedge our bets and make friends with them, if we can be friends with Saudi Arabia...
              Whatever...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Maybe we should hedge our bets and make friends with them, if we can be friends with Saudi Arabia...
                Some months ago I was wondering who was buying up all the US debt that China is selling. It turns out Saudi Arabia is buying up most of it.

                China has massive debts, ghost cities. Which will fall faster though, the debt or those poor quality buildings they've thrown up, which people have mortgaged themselves to the hilt with.
                I know PWC world wealth report thinks China is going to the moon by 2050, but I'm more of the opinion it'll take them that long just to recover from the debts they've built up during the double digit growth they've enjoyed over the last 20 years thanks to the West's search for cheap Labour. That cheap labour resource is quickly falling into the hands of India & Vietnam.

                Look at the US / China trade war, the US is winning it hand over fist. They can make jester trade talks every other month, meanwhile China is suffering like no other. China is like the average US citizen bouncing from paycheque to paycheque. With the source cut off they'll quickly wither.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Some months ago I was wondering who was buying up all the US debt that China is selling. It turns out Saudi Arabia is buying up most of it.
                  That is interesting! Is there a public source for that?

                  It would make sense.....

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    That is interesting! Is there a public source for that?

                    It would make sense.....
                    It is indeed interesting.

                    report 3-days ago: Saudi Arabia’s Buying of U.S. Treasuries Is Soaring Under Trump


                    However the UK is leading the pack when it comes to buying up US debt in the past 12 months. Well dangerous. Why are the Tories doing this?


                    The public record 'MAJOR FOREIGN HOLDERS OF TREASURY SECURITIES'

                    https://ticdata.treasury.gov/Publish/mfh.txt
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 4 July 2019, 09:57.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X