• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Houses -1% in December - WE ARE DOOMED!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    There no such thing as a safe place in London. There are ghettos spread everywhere, even near Chelsea and Kensington. Yet, british people are happy when they can buy some rubbish in a nice package. That would explain the reason why there are some many overpriced shops which sell the same stuff the cheap ones do at double the price (and people keep buying and are proud of it!!!).
    Yes, let's make the culture more like Italy, not!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Yeah but you live in the middle of nowhere and your property costs 50p.
      Yes, stupid aren't I?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Yes, stupid aren't I?

Whatever floats your boat....
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes, let's make the culture more like Italy, not!
          No, every country has got good and bad sides. But certainly I wouldn't spend a fortune to live anywhere in London. All places have more or less the same amount of chavs/green/pollution/services/crime/etc.. Just have a look at the crime statistics, you'd be surprised that even Chelsea has got the same levels as Croydon, for example. One street is nice, turn around the corner and it became hell. Yet, the former costs three times more than the latter. You pay only for the postcode. No, thanks, I don't care. I'd rather just do what Mordac does, live in Surrey and claim that you live in Richmond.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

No, every country has got good and bad sides. But certainly I wouldn't spend a fortune to live anywhere in London. All places have more or less the same amount of chavs/green/pollution/services/crime/etc.. Just have a look at the crime statistics, you'd be surprised that even Chelsea has got the same levels as Croydon, for example. One street is nice, turn around the corner and it became hell. Yet, the former costs three times more than the latter. You pay only for the postcode. No, thanks, I don't care. I'd rather just do what Mordac does, live in Surrey and claim that you live in Richmond.
            You could always move to Napoli Francko!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
              Or Devon!

BTW What's going on at Plainmoor, SB? Will they close down?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                Well, there are nice parts in Napoli. Vomero is a beautiful neighborhood. It's not anywhere close to the Spanish neighborhoods and you don't risk to be shot there (well, that's already an advantage in Naples ).

If only Maradona was still playing....
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Yes it's true London avoidsw ghettoes. Just as well. The rest is bollocks.
                  Chelsea is infinitely better in all respects than Croydon. Even the chavs behave better there because they realise they are lucky to live there.
                  So don't try to justify your crap postcode.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes it's true London avoidsw ghettoes. Just as well. The rest is bollocks.
                    Chelsea is infinitely better in all respects than Croydon. Even the chavs behave better there because they realise they are lucky to live there.
                    So don't try to justify your crap postcode.
                    It's true, I shouldn't have used the word "ghetto" as indeed there aren't in London. But London is made with infinite bad spots alternated with good areas just everywhere. And as such, there is no idillic place to live. The quality of life under many respects remains fairly similar in Croydon and in Chelsea for this reason. Sure there are a few more nice restaurants and pubs in Chelsea, but I wouldn't pay 5-10 times more just for that....

p.s. and chavs are chavs, no matter where they are from....

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                      BTW What's going on at Plainmoor, SB? Will they close down?
                      They are in freefall wendigo. Can't see anything else for them but Conference next season. Still, at least they will be able to have derby matches with Exeter again!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X