• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official EU results thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Or perhaps decided that why vote for someone who will not be able to represent me after we leave (currently October 31st) because they will be out of a job. They and the EU elections (in the UK at least) were irrelevant.
    That is very reminiscent of Minny's 29 March drinks party. He said Brexit was definitely happening because it was the law. Check out the 6/4 betting odds of UK leaving the EU between July and December 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Agreed, The problem was that we had a remainer in charge of the negotiations who the EU knew had no spine for No deal. We should have left by now. A Labour party headed by JC would be worse that May. I have sapling trees with less bend in the wind that him.
      And you have a spine to restart The Troubles.

As for the EU having no spine, take your pick - are they the evil nasty people not interested in negotiating a deal, are they the people desperate to do a deal with the UK, are they the people allowing the UK extension after extension, or are they getting sick and tired of all the rhetoric from gobby egos in the UK who are only interested in lining their pockets, but when given the opportunity, they run.

Where is your JRM? Why isn't he standing for Tory leader?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        That is very reminiscent of Minny's 29 March drinks party. He said Brexit was definitely happening because it was the law. Check out the 6/4 betting odds of UK leaving the EU between July and December 2019.
        I dont believe it will ever happen.

Which is probably for the best. Westminster is unfit to govern.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Weeeeeeee!

Where the fook is labour?

And they accuse me of fudging statistics...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            And you have a spine to restart The Troubles.
            Perhaps you would like to explain from my post, you so kindly quoted, how you came to that conclusion. The only people that will restart "The Troubles" will be "The Real IRA"

As for the EU having no spine,...
            Not actually what I said. I suggest you go back and read again.

Where is your JRM? Why isn't he standing for Tory leader?
            If you are so interested in why he hasn't thrown his hat into the ring why don't you ask him? I have supplied 3 forms of contact information for you

Jacob Rees-Mogg

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Tel: 020 7219 7118

Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Where the fook is labour?

And they accuse me of fudging statistics...
              Because the table needs a third column for labour headed "Who The Fook knows what we stand for"
              Last edited by Yorkie62; 28 May 2019, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                I don't understand this new adding-up the votes of multiple parties business and then claiming the losers won. It's the kind of nonsense I expect from my toddler daughter but I let her have it because, well she's a child. What's your excuse?
                You should put that on a T-shirt.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A financial analyst on Bloomberg has floated the scenario where Boris delays Brexit for 2 years so they can work on a technical solution for the NI border. This is the only realistic scenario where he could stay as PM until 2022, the most likely outcome though is a new GE and annihilation of the Tories.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    A financial analyst on Bloomberg has floated the scenario where Boris delays Brexit for 2 years so they can work on a technical solution for the NI border. This is the only realistic scenario where he could stay as PM until 2022, the most likely outcome though is a new GE and annihilation of the Tories.

Taking into account that there are more border crossing points than there are along the US / Canada border and the EU's Eastern border combined.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Weeeeeeee!

Surely that adds up to 100% Remain, why else would people vote for someone to represent their views in the EU?

A protest vote for the Brexit parties because you don't like the current politics is like drinking out of the toilet in a pub because the beer doesn't taste good...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X