• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official EU results thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No. Its because they believe in democracy.

I think I might start a poll asking if BB is a 2@. And keep starting one until I get the result I want.....
    Something tells me you'd get the correct result first time.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      What I find interesting is that the leavers aren't calling for a second referendum, after all if they have a clear majority they'd walk it.
      WHY? The only people that want a 2nd referendum are the ones that didn't get the result they wanted in from the first one.

If there was a 2nd referendum and remain won we would have to have a penalty shoot out to decide in or out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        WHY? The only people that want a 2nd referendum are the ones that didn't get the result they wanted in from the first one.

If there was a 2nd referendum and remain won we would have to have a penalty shoot out to decide in or out.

You didn't get the result you wanted. We've not left the EU.

Neither have you said whether you support re-igniting The Troubles, or you want a negotiated deal.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You didn't get the result you wanted. We've not left the EU.

Neither have you said whether you support re-igniting The Troubles, or you want a negotiated deal.
          Exactly how do I support reignighting the troubles? The only organisation that has a desire to do this is the Real IRA and i do not support their cause.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Exactly how do I support reignighting the troubles? The only organisation that has a desire to do this is the Real IRA and i do not support their cause.
            Simply. If you support a hard Brexit, with no solution to the Irish border, then you support reigniting the troubles. It's that simple. Surely even you understand cause & effect.
            You can't spend all your life blaming others for your poor decisions.

Do you want a hard Brexit?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Simply. If you support a hard Brexit, with no solution to the Irish border, then you support reigniting the troubles. It's that simple. Surely even you understand cause & effect.
              You can't spend all your life blaming others for your poor decisions.

Do you want a hard Brexit?
              Really??????

You have made one massive unjustifiable leap, ( I was going to say reasoning but you clearly don't have any).

Please explain, in detail with references, how a hard Brexit reignited the troubles. There is always a solution to the Irish border. Please explain, in detail with references, why a hard border has no border solution in Ireland

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Really??????

You have made one massive unjustifiable leap, ( I was going to say reasoning but you clearly don't have any).

Please explain, in detail with references, how a hard Brexit reignited the troubles. There is always a solution to the Irish border. Please explain, in detail with references, why a hard border has no border solution in Ireland

Brain the size of a planet and I am still a moron
                What is it?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  What is it?
                  I was replying to the statement that with a hard brexit there is NO solution to the Irish border. My response was that there is always a solution. In fact there are probably many solutions. Both sides of the border UK and EU just need to choose and agree one that works for both parties. In this case IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO.

My post asked for justified reasoning as to why a hard brexit leads to NO Irish border solution

Comment

Simply. If you support a hard Brexit, with no solution to the Irish border, then you support reigniting the troubles. It's that simple.
                    Rubbish.

I support a hard Brexit(If the UK cannot stay). Having a hard Brexit does not mean the UK would close the border.

It is closing the border that would re-ignite the troubles. And the UK would not do that.

Mind you, prosecutions prior to the GFA might kick it all off again first.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      What is it?
                      The solution? The UK does not close the border......

Comment

Working...
                      X