• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition against Car travel Tax!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN
    .. so what are we supposed to do, walk?
    Yes. It'll stop you being so lardy.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Pay-as-you-go and road-pricing will not significantly reduce traffic congestion. Anyone with at least an ounce of brains can see that.
      Yes it will, it will keep poor people off the roads.

Comment

Better idea.

1. Tougher driving standards. Instead of the rich, limit road use to the best drivers. Force retest every 5 years. Force all foreign drivers to take a tough driving test on arrival. Raise driving age to 18 and stop drivers over 70 driving.

2. Government to issue limited number road permits to highest bidders. All money goes to public transport. This way the very rich will be paying a fortune to drive and the money raised will go to public transport. Do this every five years. If you lose your license, you lose your road permit and have to bid again. No permit, no driving.

DP for PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
          Yes it will, it will keep poor people off the roads.
          No it won't. Poor people will be given a road tax credit in the interest of "fairness". Just you wait and see.

Comment

Wow, it's up to 1.25 million now.

HMG will ignore it anyway.

Comment

How about a petition to abolish IR35. I'm sure we could get 5 or 6 signatures from those contractors who could be bothered to fill it in.

Comment

Road pricing is here to stay, sign as many petitions as you like.

Comment

It was even on the news the other night - as in how many people had signed up to it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                    Road pricing is here to stay, sign as many petitions as you like.
                    I agree. Its also the only way to possibly free up roads in peak hours in the absence of any joined up planning by the so called government. Once we started building out of town offices and industrial units without any attempt at providing public transport to them we were stuffed.

Comment

And what was NL's response to a petition with over 1,250,000 signatures on it "uh... whatever... the public are stupid... we'll go ahead anyway" feckeing arrogant bastards, Its not that we don't recognise that there's a problem its just that we are sick the standard NL 'solution' of sticking yet another tax on us.

When’s the next general election? Some of my mates who have been staunch red lefties in the past are telling me they are going to vote Tory next time around. NL.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X