• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it still okay to shoot at pictures of real people on a shooting range

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I don't know how I feel about the issue - but how do you feel about: Boris Johnson effigy chosen as Guy by bonfire society - BBC News

Has effigy burning of real persons been culturally normalised? That's a serious question, not trolling.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a serious answer. If you get an answer at all it won't be until long after the easily-offended squad have finished mopping apoplectic spittle from their monitors, and will likely be some trite codswallop.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

but how do you feel about: Boris Johnson effigy chosen as Guy by bonfire society
      Good point. What's the difference?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        One's "right on", the other's hated by the "right on's".

Any fool no dat!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          The difference is that the hair-trigger sensibilities of the snowflake lefties are not quite so susceptible to being ruffled when the "victim" is perceived as being white upper class Tory.

It seems to be open season where that particular minority are concerned.

The root cause is often described as being due to an overdeveloped inferiority complex. However, more often than not it is not a complex.
          They are just inferior.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            The difference is that the hair-trigger sensibilities of the snowflake lefties are not quite so susceptible to being ruffled when the "victim" is perceived as being white upper class Tory.

It seems to be open season where that particular minority are concerned.

The root cause is often described as being due to an overdeveloped inferiority complex. However, more often than not it is not a complex.
            They are just inferior.

I thought my response was more succinct! You need to get on down wit da kids!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              I don't know how I feel about the issue - but how do you feel about: Boris Johnson effigy chosen as Guy by bonfire society - BBC News

Has effigy burning of real persons been culturally normalised? That's a serious question, not trolling.
              Given I don't think it ethical to shoot at images of real people, have a guess what I think of the ethics of burning an effigy of a living person? Whether the image is of a left wing, right wing or centrist, it makes no difference.

The Trump blimp though, I have no problem with
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

If Jeremy comes on and complains, should we apologise, delete the thread and lock it?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  If Jeremy comes on and complains, should we apologise, delete the thread and lock it?
                  Ah, you're getting a bit upset about this "don't upset the snowflakes" tulip, aren't you?

Man the **** up and stop being such a ******* snowflake!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Given I don't think it ethical to shoot at images of real people, have a guess what I think of the ethics of burning an effigy of a living person? Whether the image is of a left wing, right wing or centrist, it makes no difference.

The Trump blimp though, I have no problem with
                    How do you feel about the Sadiq Khan blimp?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      How do you feel about the Sadiq Khan blimp?
                      Why would I have a problem with the Khan blimp?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X