• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK triggers malware warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting the pop up in MS Edge now!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I'm getting the pop up in MS Edge now!
      Nothing here, using Chrome. Malware scanner saying nowt as well. User error, Xog?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mine's ok in Chrome too. Can't see how any error of mine could cause that popup.

Seems oddly inconsistent. Sometimes I open main page and it's ok, only get error when click on link to General etc. I have Edge set to clear all browsing data on close.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Fook me are you clowns ever going to fix this?

The site is clearly compromised, those "not detecting it" are probably already part of a Russian botnet.

Comment

bloggoth

Comment

Think Greenlake and NF got it right above. Checked dev tools and the problem seems to be a link on CUK page:

bagsforulife.com

Visit that website in Edge and you get exactly the same error.

Can't see in source or Chrome dev tools but use Edge dev tools and select debugger. Link is shown at left. Also adser.bagsforulife.com. Why would CUK advertise handbags?

The console also flags up: SCRIPT5022: SecurityError 8beeccca6c78e2a549b913cc3f298c22.js (1,33023)

Stuff on bags etc here:
              Free Automated Malware Analysis Service - powered by Falcon Sandbox - Viewing online file analysis results for 'https://adser.bagsforulife.com/'
              Last edited by xoggoth; 4 January 2019, 19:05.
              bloggoth

Comment

Ah!

Associated Artifacts for adser.bagsforulife.com:

Whois Field Value
                City Bishkek
                Country UA (Ukraine)
                EMail [email protected]

It's Putin again!!!
                Last edited by xoggoth; 4 January 2019, 19:25.
                bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Ah!

Associated Artifacts for adser.bagsforulife.com:

Whois Field Value
                  City Bishkek
                  Country UA (Ukraine)
                  EMail [email protected]

It's Putin again!!!
                  Not quite yet, but he's working on it...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's loading the bags site in a hidden iframe. But the bags site itself is using dodgy advertising sources, and sometimes they in turn are doing stuff that triggers malware warnings, or redirects the page using JavaScript, or possibly launches popup windows (though the browser's popup blocker ought to catch those).

So although the embedded garbage on CUK is always the same, the stuff embedded in the embedded garbage keeps changing…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It's loading the bags site in a hidden iframe. But the bags site itself is using dodgy advertising sources, and sometimes they in turn are doing stuff that triggers malware warnings, or redirects the page using JavaScript, or possibly launches popup windows (though the browser's popup blocker ought to catch those).

So although the embedded garbage on CUK is always the same, the stuff embedded in the embedded garbage keeps changing…
                      Well that clears that up...

Comment

Working...
                      X