• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gatwick Chaos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Released without charge, unlucky feckers.

I think they are looking for this chap now...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Conflicting reports. One via twitter saying perps caught red handed at scene.

Others saying suspects arrested at home after posting drone review two years ago. Guy was at work when incident was ongoing.

Hope it's the former as the latter smells fishy. More precisely red herring.
      It's not really a report if it's on twatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        NickFitz reported it on here.

Reading elsewhere, appears the perp buzzed the tower allowing the authorities to get a good look at the make/model of drone being used and it's a rare one.

Hope that hubris is what allows them to be caught seeing as it looks like they weren't in fact caught in the act (poor showing NickFitz not getting corroborated evidence before posting on here ).

Shame the army getting involved looks to have been too late to use their fancy kit to trace the remote control signal back to source. So they'll now have to question all those that own the aforementioned rare drone to eliminate them from the enquiries.

They're offering £50k reward for information. One of my neighbours is a drone maniac (probably modern version of peeping tom, easier to get a look into women's bedrooms than climbing a tree) so I may grass him up just in case he's been to London recently. Got to be in it to win it.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Somebody should tell the President of the United States that

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Shame the army getting involved looks to have been too late to use their fancy kit to trace the remote control signal back to source. So they'll now have to question all those that own the aforementioned rare drone to eliminate them from the enquiries. ...
            I thought there was a branch of GCHQ devoted to tracking and locating the source of unauthorised or anomalous radio signals, what used to be MI8 during WW2 ?!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Luckily no one reported there names

And police checked some basic facts and let them go

Or not

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

"always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place"

Oh my sides

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  Luckily no one reported there names

And police checked some basic facts and let them go

Or not

The Daily Mail are in "substantial damages" territory with that front page.

They will try to claim they are calling the culprits morons but as it could be one person behind it then then their use of morons plural can only really mean they are calling them morons. And being arrested doesn't mean you are accused.

I'm going with 250k.

Comment

They (Daily Fail) will get away with it since they only asked a question, not stating fact...

Lawyers will make 250k though...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      They (Daily Fail) will get away with it since they only asked a question, not stating fact...

Lawyers will make 250k though...

McAlpine v Bercow - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                      X