• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all IPSE Members

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You're unlikely to get an IPSE official response on here, just various interpretations. As I posted the links, I'll give you my personal interpretation, which is that I think IPSE has always claimed these schemes "don't work" but believe the Loan Charge amounts to retrospective taxation - if the schemes "don't work" they should have been dealt with in a timely manner. Six years is the limit for most tax investigations - 20 years is reserved for the most serious evasion and this is not it.

IPSE and NTRT probably have some overlap and a lot of differences. I'm no longer close enough to the former to confirm, and have never been close enough to the latter to understand the detail.
    Thanks.

And Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Thanks.

And Happy New Year.
      And to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Time out, children!

Whatever you think of IPSE, there is currently a lot of discussion going on about the manner in which the board are choosing to change aspects of its governance.

Now, a lot of members won't give a fudge about this as long as the insurance pays out when they need it to. However, we know that there are also a lot of members who do care about these things and we'd like to make sure they know what the changes could mean for future running of the organisation.

All we're trying to ensure is that all members are aware of an alternative point of view, and take the time to ask whatever questions they need to, of the board, before they vote.
        I must be doing something right, this comment solicited negative rep with the comment "Oh **** off" from MarillionFan. I'd suspect they were a board sockie but I don't think the entry level IQ requirements are that low.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I must be doing something right, this comment solicited negative rep with the comment "Oh **** off" from MarillionFan. I'd suspect they were a board sockie but I don't think the entry level IQ requirements are that low.
          Would you class that as "abuse"? I suspect that he must have been on the Santa-Juice, since those Reindeer pack a mean kick...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Would you class that as "abuse"? I suspect that he must have been on the Santa-Juice, since those Reindeer pack a mean kick...
            That's MF flirting.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              That's MF flirting.
              Wait till I come on to him.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Wait till I come on to him.
                Just make sure he shuts his eyes first.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  unless you want to see the tears
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

There are no lights in the cellar in any case.

Comment

Wouldn't matter with his gimp mask on.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X