• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet someone said that after it had gone up 1000%..and then at 2000%......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It means for months it has been trying to get above and stay above a certain price level and continues to fail. At one point buyers will just vanish from the market... that's when the correction occurs.

Answer honestly, would you buy this stock today? A stock that has increased 3000% (from $1.80) in only four years?
      We are in the midst of worst pandemic in 100 years, yet AMD lost only less than 10% from all time high it achieved just before tulip hit the fan.

If nobody was buying it then it would hit 1.8 again.

I would have thought even cretin like you would get it.

Would I buy more now? No, since all my stock money in it already, but if it drops a lot then I’d increase holding with ISA cash that is locked and loaded.

It’s a great stock

Comment

The real amusing part is Poopers constant reminders that a TECH stock gone up 1300% - this is exactly what happens with tech stocks of successful companies - if anything chip makers like Intel and especially AMD are undervalued despote powering Internet revolution.

Still 300% increase in value of my holding is not to be sniffed at - tax free too!

Only regret I did not keep NVIDIA when I bought it for 100 bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          In the CPU space, AMD have feck all market share. Intel is the daddy.

In the GPU space, AMD are big players, but the massive gains in share price were driven by GPU mining of tulipcoins. Now that has died, who is going to be buying shed loads of high end graphic cards for PC's?

Answer - no one.

Based on this AMD are toast at current share prices.

HTH BIDI
          “ AMD's 2019 Saw Explosive Market Share Gains In Client & Server Side With 2020 Taking Gains From Ryzen & EPYC CPUs Even Further”

AMD Shows Explosive Market Share Growth in Server & Notebook Segments During 2019 With EPYC & Ryzen CPUs

Comment

55.08 USD +2.11 (3.98%)

Only 10% more till all time high!

Comment

what a great stock. in the past 20 years it went down from mid 40s to $2-3 twice. Maybe it will do a hat trick and do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                what a great stock. in the past 20 years it went down from mid 40s to $2-3 twice. Maybe it will do a hat trick and do that again.
                Should have bought a lot when it dropped to 10 bucks relatively recently

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Should have bought a lot when it dropped to 10 bucks relatively recently

Ohh don't worry... you'll get another chance.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Ohh don't worry... you'll get another chance.
                    Only after 1 to 100 split...

Comment

57.83 USD +1.44 (2.55%)

Comment

Working...
                      X