• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I know you don't like it, but I'm sure you like profits... consider the Ethereum ETF. It is oversold and now showing a strong uptrend (on weekly, 3-day chart below). It would be the perfect play for some of those AMD profits while going short. What could be sexier than owning more AMD stock at the end of it all?

XBT Provider AB Share Price Ethereum Tracker EUR

tulips
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Do you have an exit plan? A price target to sell or scale back?

If AMD represents a significant % of your net worth, I'd have a plan. If it's small change, then no worries.

This US bull market isn't going to last forever.
      Might sell at 100. Biggest risk to that is merger/takeover by somebody big (Samsung?), at whatever current share price will be at the time.

My breakeven (at current rate of USD/GBP) is around 19 dollars (roughly).

If it drops to 19 or less then I’ll buy more (and this time not just with ISA money).
      Last edited by AtW; 14 January 2020, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Might sell at 100. Biggest risk to that is merger/takeover by somebody big
        No. The biggest risk to that is the US announces an end to money printing.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No. The biggest risk to that is the US announces an end to money printing.
          Biggest risk to stock market is bank interest rates getting back to 5%, then lots of folks who need regular income (pension funds) will stay out of shares, my guess is that we'll never see such interest rates anytime soon, sadly.

In 2021-22 AMD should start paying dividends, they need to become nicely yielding stock, 3-4% per annum at least, they are well positioned to become VERY profitable company, which is nice.

Comment

IF, and that's a very big if, AMD manages to do to NVIDIA what it did to Intel but in terms of performance in GPUs, then it would become a very very profitable company.

Comment

Biggest risk to stock market is bank interest rates getting back to 5%,
              That would be nice. Nonetheless, rising interest rates did not cause the stock market crash in 2008. Quite the contrary.

Money tightening will be wot dos it. Dollar will increase like stupid, people not be able to sell stocks quick enough, and gold prices crash. Mark me words.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Don’t care about gold.

AMD is one of few companies that should make very good money very soon to pay nice dividends - just like Intel does, only Intel got 10 times staff.

Comment

Don’t care about gold.

AMD is one of few companies that should make very good money very soon to pay nice dividends - just like Intel does, only Intel got 10 times staff and 80% of the world's computers using their processors.

You missed a bit.

Comment

Holly smokes, since me AMD/Ether post, you could have had 10% more AMD stock already

Comment

You missed a bit.
                      80% figure is very large market for AMD sales, where as Intel got 20% remaining market to capture - upside for AMD is excellent, obviously so that they actually have competitive uArch and advantage on process side.

Keep your fraudulent money laundering tulipcoins out of this honest thread

Comment

Working...
                      X