• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not just AMD, look at Tesla...

    The volume of printed cash is pumping every technology stock out there. Normal economics are completely out the window. You just need to follow Trump's tweets to know which way the market is going, he's been fixing the market since he took office.

    The dollar will probably get pumped next pushing gold prices down. With all this extra cash flooding into the US, they'll have to launch interest rates to the stratosphere to avoid hyperinflation.
    Don't see how they could put them up much without tanking the economy. Not to mention the interest payments on all the debt. And not just Govt debt; everyone has got hooked on dirt cheap mortgages and finance.

    When this party ends, and they always do, there will be the mother of all hangovers.

    If Trump gets re-elected, he may come to regret not doing a "Blair" and bowing out while the good times were still rolling.
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 10 January 2020, 09:25.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

    Comment


      Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Don't see how they could put them up much without tanking the economy. Not to mention the interest payments on all the debt. And not just Govt debt; everyone has got hooked on dirt cheap mortgages and finance.

      When this party ends, and they always do, there will be the mother of all hangovers.

      If Trump gets re-elected, he may come to regret not doing a "Blair" and bowing out while the good times were still rolling.

      The US has little to no choice, tank the economy or hyper inflation. I'm going for a dollar pump and a crash in gold price to around $600-800.

      The tide has already begun to turn on the bond market, there's no stopping what's coming now. The rate of upward movement on the yield curve tells us the coming recession will not be as bad as the dot com bubble but worse than 2008.


      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

      Comment


        Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The US has little to no choice, tank the economy or hyper inflation. I'm going for a dollar pump and a crash in gold price to around $600-800.
        Inflation it is then. Inflation is probably the only way they've got of eroding the debt.

        And I'm therefore betting that gold & silver are in a new bull market.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

        Comment


          Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Inflation it is then. Inflation is probably the only way they've got of eroding the debt.

          And I'm therefore betting that gold & silver are in a new bull market.

          Both metals are at the end of a 20 year long bull market, not the beginning of one. This will knock your socks off....

          1) Gold has increased in value against the dollar 660% since 2002, so you might assume the money supply has had the same increase? 2x .... yeap you read that right, 2x is the increase in the number of extra dollars in circulation since 2002, not 6x.

          2) What price was gold back in 2002? $300.... so it makes perfect sense for spot gold to re-test $600

          3) What's extra striking about all this money supply and contraction is it mirrors what happened during the 80's when the US left the gold standard.

          Still bullish on Gold?!

          Silver is the same story. A lot of precious metal collectors are about to get rekt in the short term but should do alright in the long, i.e. 15+ years.






          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

          Comment


            Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Both metals are at the end of a 20 year long bull market, not the beginning of one. This will knock your socks off....

            1) Gold has increased in value against the dollar 660% since 2002, so you might assume the money supply has had the same increase? 2x .... yeap you read that right, 2x is the increase in the number of extra dollars in circulation since 2002, not 6x.

            2) What price was gold back in 2002? $300.... so it makes perfect sense for spot gold to re-test $600

            3) What's extra striking about all this money supply and contraction is it mirrors what happened during the 80's when the US left the gold standard.

            Still bullish on Gold?!

            Silver is the same story. A lot of precious metal collectors are about to get rekt in the short term but should do alright in the long, i.e. 15+ years.






            Advice posted in a thread where history has dictated time after time his advice is utter tulipe... Way to go scoots.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

            Comment


              Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Advice posted in a thread where history has dictated time after time his advice is utter tulipe... Way to go scoots.

              I'm 100% wrong 100% of the time, that's why this is not advice.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

              Comment


                Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Both metals are at the end of a 20 year long bull market, not the beginning of one. This will knock your socks off....

                1) Gold has increased in value against the dollar 660% since 2002, so you might assume the money supply has had the same increase? 2x .... yeap you read that right, 2x is the increase in the number of extra dollars in circulation since 2002, not 6x.

                2) What price was gold back in 2002? $300.... so it makes perfect sense for spot gold to re-test $600

                3) What's extra striking about all this money supply and contraction is it mirrors what happened during the 80's when the US left the gold standard.

                Still bullish on Gold?!

                Silver is the same story. A lot of precious metal collectors are about to get rekt in the short term but should do alright in the long, i.e. 15+ years.
                I'm looking a bit further back than that.

                Gold Prices - 100 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends

                Silver Prices - 100 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends

                In inflation adjusted terms, silver would have to go up over 6x to top it's ATH in 1980.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I'm 100% wrong 100% of the time...
                  If only that were true, we could all get rich simply doing the opposite of what you say.

                  Unfortunately, on average, about 50% of the time, you'll get lucky and guess right.

                  -----------------

                  In the past I used to listen to so-called experts, and lost a lot of money doing that. It took me a while to realise there are no fecking experts. If you're going to speculate on the financial markets then you have to follow your own hunches.
                  Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 11 January 2020, 07:52.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    If only that were true, we could all get rich simply doing the opposite of what you say.

                    Unfortunately, on average, about 50% of the time, you'll get lucky and guess right.

                    -----------------

                    In the past I used to listen to so-called experts, and lost a lot of money doing that. It took me a while to realise there are no fecking experts. If you're going to speculate on the financial markets then you have to follow your own hunches.
                    I'm pretty sure his assertions on this forum are encroaching a failure rate of 100%, in hindsight you could make a pretty penny doing the opposite of his "advice". It's embarrassing how his horrendous advice is always coupled with self upselling "I use this logic for my clients day in day out". I bet there's a trail of bankrupt companies in his wake

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      I'm pretty sure his assertions on this forum are encroaching a failure rate of 100%, in hindsight you could make a pretty penny doing the opposite of his "advice". It's embarrassing how his horrendous advice is always coupled with self upselling "I use this logic for my clients day in day out". I bet there's a trail of bankrupt companies in his wake
                      He got lucky with Crypto in 2017 but I'll give him this, he had the balls to press his advantage and make a killing.

                      The moment when you open your eyes and realise "I know nothing", and nor does anyone else, is the real epiphany.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X