• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fundamentals of AMD are very strong going forward, if you're from the Buffett school of investing: strong product line up, good sentiment in the community (gamers loving the current releases and next gen looking tulip hot, and AWS providing AMD specific EPYC instances), monopoly on the big two consoles... Contrast that with their primary competitor Intel who've fallen asleep, poor product roadmap and really difficult physical issues that are hard to fix (the move to 7nm fabrication, Intel is failing to get to 10nm).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If you've had a good run, I'd take the profits. All the good news is priced in (new product ranges).

A bull trap as clear as day. ATW's speak is very 'New Paradigm', the signs are very recognisable.

February 2016, AMD $1.6. So far a 1673% gain in 973 days. If you think this run still has more puff in it you're deluded.

How do you know when to sell? Take profits?

RSI @ 70 or higher - well it was when I posted a few weeks back as the price was departing $32. It is now around 60.

Is the price above the 200 day moving average? Hell yes. The 50 day? yes. Still in great sell region.

Don't be too hard on him folks, selling is not easy. You get emotional. Controlling emotions takes practice practice practice.

Last edited by scooterscot; 3 May 2019, 07:57.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        A bull trap as clear as day. ATW's speak is very 'New Paradigm', the signs are very recognisable.

February 2016, AMD $1.6. So far a 1673% gain in 973 days. If you think this run still has more puff in it you're deluded.

How do you know when to sell? Take profits?

RSI @ 70 or higher - well it was when I posted a few weeks back as the price was departing $32. It is now around 60.

Is the price above the 200 day moving average? Hell yes. The 50 day? yes. Still in great sell region.

Don't be too hard on him folks, selling is not easy. You get emotional. Controlling emotions takes practice practice practice.
        you really are a egomaniac cretin, next you'll be claiming you don't time the market (in contradiction of this very post).

Comment

Trading psychology, not time. This means to control your emotions so they don't control you. As they clearly do in your case.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Trading psychology, not time. This means to control your emotions so they don't control you. As they clearly do in your case.
            You're clearly not intelligent enough to objectively assess the first trading spiel that confirms your bias, which results in all the cretinous contradictory shite you post on here.

Comment

$100 or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                $100 or bust!

Post back here when you are sitting in the drivers seat of that 911 Turbo S you desire so much.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Post back here when you are sitting in the drivers seat of that 911 Turbo S you desire so much. Good luck!
                  This time next year...

Comment

...I'll be crying into me palms, why din't I sell?

Comment

Now that's tidy.

Tax free too - as the Parliament intended...

Comment

Working...
                      X