• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You have to employ infant mortality to make use of a major wear out failure mode to get the performance? Chee - where do I sign up?
    It shows limits of hardware, moron - just like they crash cars to find out safety ratings

Comment

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU Benchmarks Leak, Eats The i9-9920X

Can’t wait for release next month - it will be my new workstation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It shows limits of hardware, moron - just like they crash cars to find out safety ratings
        Name me one chipset on the market that can perform at the limits day long without thermal throttling? It doesn't exist.

Quoting limits is pointless. Quote a maximum continues calculation throughput would be far more meaningful.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Limits give good indication of chip potential - nobody forces you to run chip on LN2 to get max perf for short time, water cooling or good air cooling typically achieve good results with frequency drop of maybe 7-10%.

So getting 5.4 Ghz on LN2 is indicative of good quality manufacturing process that should achieve 5 Ghz on air (certainly with water cooling), this is very very good for high perf 16 core chip.
          Last edited by AtW; 29 June 2019, 06:26.

Comment

iPhone with AMD chipset.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If your brain was bigger than Apple’s chip used in iPhone you’d know that best margins are on server chips that Apple buys and they'd love to get new AMD stuff

Comment

31.20 USD Price increase 0.83 (2.73%)

Desktop chip benchmark embargoes end on Sunday, ordering mine on Monday!

Comment

It's crazy how many chances you've been given to sell at the top. Crazy.

Comment

It begins - tomorrow!

Comment

A Look At The AMD Zen 2 Core – WikiChip Fuse

Comment

Working...
                      X