• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do people accept permie jobs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimano105
    Why? Because we have to of course, otherwise I'd still be loadsa-kerching-ing it out there!

Still, can always go back there when I had enough here
    Yep, sounds about right, when you are in demand and coining it, you can never see any chance you will go permie. However, IT can be a fickle mistress and it doesn't take much for your skills and experience to become obsolete or commodity and either way devalued. A few weeks of hearing only the howling wind and the sound of a lonely church bell in the distance, in response to applications and you start to reassess what work you will do and where.
    Happened to me, went permie, scored some service management training and experience and I am back in the game but with one eye looking over my shoulder in case another boulder is coming.
    Plan B + Evolve and you might survive. Tread water and you are toast.
    HTH

Comment

never.

I was out of work twice this year.

1st period was for 4 weeks. On the bench.

2nd period was for 6 weeks. On the bench.

I had 4 contracts this year, calculated my earnings this year, i averaged about 55k/58k

Been averaging over and above that for the past 4 years, and i've only just turned 30 and bought a brand new **** off footballers wives place in the country and a brand new car being made in a factory as i speak.

I would never go back to permieland.
      Last edited by el duder; 22 December 2006, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
        Permies produce nothing, they do nothing - sometimes I think they are the smart ones they get paid for doing nothing beyind turning up, whereas we work our nuts off for what double or treble what they get paid for extending their social life.
        You live in a different world to me (unfortunately)

tim

Comment

Working...
        X