• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Kavanaugh thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Oh yes. That man of the people Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon.

Why is it the proles make heroes out of him and people like JRM? They really want to be oppressed don't they?
    If he did, it would help back up Breitbart, The Spectator, etc in their claims that he is not a racist Islamophobe, but is a very decent human being who is only interested in justice for those who are assaulted
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He may have done it

She may be lying.

Unless the one who is lying fesses up, we'll probably never know (or possible that if he did do it, it meant so little that he has genuinely forgotten).

However, if I was going to invent an assault, I don't think I'd think it would help my case to invent witnesses who were then going to say it didn't happen. An odd thing to do if you're lying.

Comment

For those of you that think the time lapse means she's lying, do you also assume that the men who are now coming forward having been molested by priests are also lying?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          For those of you that think the time lapse means she's lying, do you also assume that the men who are now coming forward having been molested by priests are also lying?
          You're wasting your time. They will say anything to cover up for white male rapists.

Comment

Kavanaugh Vote Delayed One Week As Trump Orders New FBI Investigation | Zero Hedge

Brett Kavanaugh's nomination has been stalled on the Senate floor after GOP leadership agreed Friday afternoon to a one-week delay for an FBI investigation into allegations of sexual harassment against the Supreme Court nominee.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So your argument is because everyone denies it, it must be untrue?
              That's how the law works kiddo, I didn't make the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                You're wasting your time. They will say anything to cover up for white male rapists.
                Someone needs to stick up for them - they're getting blamed for everything at the moment..
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The usual cretins on this thread responding in their predictably stupid partisan way.
                  I'm sure we can agree that if he did do it, he shouldn't be a Supreme court judge? Or can we?
                  Ignoring the other allegations, there is supposed to be a 3rd party witness to the Ford allegation, the Mark Judge chappie.
                  Why did the GOP refuse Democrats requests to sub-poena him?
                  Seems to me he should be have been interviewed at that enquiry.

The above is my objective take.
                  My subjective take is that Kavanaugh seems to be a deeply unimpressive and untrustworthy sort of chap.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The usual cretins on this thread responding in their predictably stupid partisan way.
                    I'm sure we can agree that if he did do it, he shouldn't be a Supreme court judge? Or can we?
                    Ignoring the other allegations, there is supposed to be a 3rd party witness to the Ford allegation, the Mark Judge chappie.
                    Why did the GOP refuse Democrats requests to sub-poena him?
                    Seems to me he should be have been interviewed at that enquiry.

The above is my objective take.
                    My subjective take is that Kavanaugh seems to be a deeply unimpressive and untrustworthy sort of chap.
                    Add to that that Mark Judge declined to appear on the grounds of overwhelming anxiety when speaking in public.

Then there is this:

Mark G. Judge - Encounter Books

This author is available for media and speaking engagements.
                    BOOK THIS AUTHOR
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

From what I gather sounds like Christine Blasey Ford did have a nasty encounter at a party where a couple of drunks cornered her and groped in a threatening way whilst they were both drunk. It doesn't sound to me like she was fully raped but she managed to escape the situation. Christine wasn't part of Kavanaugh's 'inner circle' of friends and was a remote acquaintance by all accounts. My feeling is that Mark Judge who was alleged to have been in the room with Kavanaugh while the abuse was taking place was and is not a person with a great reputation, sometimes the 'good kid' can be led astray by the 'bad kid'.

The thing is that Christine Blasey Ford cannot accurately pin point the time and the place even when the assault took place which is understandable as it was 35 years ago, if they manage to do that then that's a starting point for the FBI investigation, if they cannot this case is dead. Strange this is that Kavanaugh's diary claims he was away from the area that Summer 1982 at the majority of the weekends when the party was suspected to have taken place.

At school in P.E.when everyone had changed back to uniform and gone to lunch I saw two kids one who I knew harassing a girl that had stumbled into the boys changing room, I knew one of the kids really well and it was a little out of character when dealing with the opposite sex, he was blocking her exit etc. I was ready to step in to stop it but she managed to push past them; I remember the two as being aggressive but in a 'playful' yet highly disrespectful way. Suffice to say the kid I knew ended up on Whiz and had took an overdose and ended up on medication for sever tremors when I last saw him in 1992.

Something about Chrstine Blasey Ford's testimony rings true but I'm hopeful it was not full blown rape. The FBI should get to the bottom of this once they interview Mark Judge, he'll break for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X