• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a recruitment consultant
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

- I do business cases for enormous public sector IT projects that subsequently go horrendously over budget and take twice as long as originally forecast
      - Then I do governance and management reviews to help them work out why the project went wrong
      - Then I do business cases for an enormous public sector IT project to replace the last one...
      - that subsequently goes horrendously over budget and take twice as long as originally forecast

.....dc al capo to fade.

In my fantasy world I play bass and sing in a band
      Plan A is located just about here.
      If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

i'm a .net and sql code basher.... with BA and PM work thrown in...

mainly insurance products etc....

I am also a mean club DJ playing funkm hip hop and soul but haven't done that for a few years now
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
          IT was always my plan B due to my playing in a band. Loads of gigs, loads of lable interest (apparently), but still not signed, so have to plod along pretending I know what I'm doing...
          Keep at it and getting signed means bugger all, been there, seen it etc...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
            Aircraft Software Requirements
            Aircraft Software production + unit test
            Aircraft Software test (rig not unit)
            Aircraft Software/Hardware certificate.

Not at the same time, different contracts.

Also rail systems, jet engines and air traffic (briefly and never going back)
            All of those are the only contracts where I would consider buying liability insurance for my company - does the certification allow you some degree of seperation from the liability?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Not at the same time, different contracts.

Also rail systems, jet engines and air traffic (briefly and never going back)
              Is that ADA stuff and how did you wrestle the contracts from bearded unix types....or are you a bearded unix type.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                Oracle DBA
                Pretend to be busy all day
                Do Bugger All?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  I've been offered more by Banks, and Barclays are one of them but they muck you around with contracts so I'm happy sitting here!!
                  Thanks for the reply.

I'm not looking to be mucked around so I'll tread carefully.

Comment

Legendswear7,
                    if you truly believe that why have you got an avatar depicting Wayne Rooney?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Does Coral still exist?

Comment

Working...
                      X