• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead
    banjo player (plan B)
    IT was always my plan B due to my playing in a band. Loads of gigs, loads of lable interest (apparently), but still not signed, so have to plod along pretending I know what I'm doing...
    Call the cops

Comment

Oracle DBA
      Pretend to be busy all day

Comment

Originally posted by mrdavies
        IT Security consultancy with a touch of penetration testing to keep it real
        Oh Sir! Suits you!
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Security strategy and architecture. It's where the money is...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Java Lead Developer/Architect
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
              WinTel Server Support
              Design WinTel Systems
              Migration Old to new, and Site to site's
              Me too. Haven't worked in England for a while. What's the best rate for high-end support ?
              Is jobserve a good guide? The very best I see there is around 500 but they are few and far. 400 seems to be more common for the top end.

There are too many fishing trips on jobserve though.

Comment

I architect .NET systems to replace the obsolete by design Java systems that Cowboy Bob builds.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  tee hee
                  Yeah that one always did bring some chuckles
                  mmmmm stella

Comment

I work on computers, but I tell women I'm a binman - I do have my pride.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7
                      Me too. Haven't worked in England for a while. What's the best rate for high-end support ?
                      Is jobserve a good guide? The very best I see there is around 500 but they are few and far. 400 seems to be more common for the top end.

There are too many fishing trips on jobserve though.

the gig I'm on at the moment is a dash under 400pd but also there is overtime and on call etc etc.... I've been offered more by Banks, and Barclays are one of them but they muck you around with contracts so I'm happy sitting here!! (i.e Not working for a Bank at the moment but for an Oil company) I've gigged at a few, Bank of America, Mellon and JPMC and there not so bad.
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X